• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Happy to put some life back in the thread! This will be my first complete deban. I don't think it will be to difficult and I'm sure I'll screw a few things up, lol. I chose this Mak because it had a good bit of surface rust, needed the thumbhole gone, and I thought the parts would be hard to source. Basically a good challenge. I also have a Nhm 90/84s overstamp that I plan to do next so I figured this would give me some good experience. I have it broke done and cleaned up and started working on the rust. Pins have been removed from the fsb and gas block. I put some calipers on the muzzle and according to the Cnc chart I have enough muzzle to thread 14lh. Now the wait for the parts and tools!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Next day off these will be gone...

I'll play!

This started out as one of the $100 beat-to-hell Bulgarian milled kits from a few years ago. Added a CNC Warrior receiver and virgin Bulgy barrel. Trickiest part was cutting the extractor relief in the chamber face (pucker factor: HIGH).
20180622_125909.jpg

Decided to polish the bolt & carrier while the rest was at Deercreek Gun Shop for a matte hot-blue. Think she turned out nice!

I'll play!

This started out as one of the $100 beat-to-hell Bulgarian milled kits from a few years ago. Added a CNC Warrior receiver and virgin Bulgy barrel. Trickiest part was cutting the extractor relief in the chamber face (pucker factor: HIGH).
View attachment 1672010
Decided to polish the bolt & carrier while the rest was at Deercreek Gun Shop for a matte hot-blue. Think she turned out nice!
Wow very nice job! Sweet Bulgy UF ! What you building next??

Back
Top Bottom