• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Love the Degtrayev look of the RPD, just can't see going to the trouble for a belt-fed, semi, intermediate cartridge.

Those DPM kits tho....
Saw those too. The drums are like 21.00 too DP ain’t a bad choice at all. The RPD is a big ol PITA right now, pretty much no more conversion parts to be found, last I called DSA they said they didn’t sell to the individual public. Called 2 R they said DSA got mad at them for using their receivers to complete builds and cut them off he can’t get any. Called the one other manufacturer for completed semi receivers and conversion parts and he had retired 6 months prior and had one complete RPD he was willing to sell for 2500.00 I believe.

Yeah DSA has been a real PITA overall the last few years from what I've read. With the DPM I think the main issue is barrel availability. I remember there being receiver reweld jigs/services not too long ago.

Yeah DSA has been a real PITA overall the last few years from what I've read. With the DPM I think the main issue is barrel availability. I remember there being receiver reweld jigs/services not too long ago.
I’m pretty sure that 2 Rivers could reweld a demilled receiver but Tim told me he can’t even source the machines conversion parts for the semi-bolt conversion and if he can’t find em I can’t so I decided if/when I get one I’m gonna have to probably buy a built one. Now the DP May be a different story haven’t looked too deep into the details of the actual build

From what I remember when I was looking at a DPM build all you need is a custom-turned barrel (or original-barreled kit---they're out there!) and a receiver reweld. And possibly a fire control redesign.

Easy-peasy!:thumb:

Going to the jasper woods to stretch out the RPK right now

C9F46584-47E1-4DDA-B325-1CCDA6F027B3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom