• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Wudee Wudee that’s awesome man please keep us in the loop! Heavy on the pictures too don’t hold back.

Was gonna swing by the thread myself, got a call from Beau at 2R. He said they’re in the middle of building my franken khyber side folder :clap2: should be done in a few weeks! Let’s see how they do on the bluing.

Meanwhile back here I’ve been rocking the M92 in it’s birthday suit.
Think I might get a sling adapter plate and use my mustard AKS74u Krink sling

D0B962DB-8D77-4F62-BE43-CA81AF72E47C.jpeg

Hi all. I nerded-out on a ad and JDS invited me to this thread.

Speaking of M92's, does anyone know of a Smith who can spot weld a rear sling loop mount to the left side of the receiver? I have a stabilizing brace on mine, so adding the grip-mount isn't really an option, but I really need a rear mount.

Speaking of M92's, does anyone know of a Smith who can spot weld a rear sling loop mount to the left side of the receiver? I have a stabilizing brace on mine, so adding the grip-mount isn't really an option, but I really need a rear mount.
Welcome to the coolest thread on ODT! :rockon:

I’m sure someone on here can get you welded up, as for me I went the cheap easy cheaters route and ordered a sling plate adapter, but I’m gonna keep it in pistola format for awhile and have fun

I’ve seen guys run these in conjunction with grip mounted brace adapters with their sling loop off to the side. It does end up causing their pistol grip to sit lower because of all the adapter plates but they do make a long Yugo pistol grip screw to keep it secure. Looks kinda funny and does give you PAP knuckle lol

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yea I've been lacking on the updates, lol. I changed shifts at work, still getting adjusted. I was finally able to pick up the receiver yesterday, pretty nice piece. Started working on it yesterday afternoon. I got the barrel pressed in and headspaced and drilled the barrel pin. Populated the barrel but haven't drilled and pinned the components yet. Friday I'll get those pinned and press the barrel back out and get the trunnion and receiver done if I have time. Grandson's first birthday is this weekend, I'll be putting toys together too, lol.

View attachment 1715621 View attachment 1715622
Yea I've been lacking on the updates, lol. I changed shifts at work, still getting adjusted. I was finally able to pick up the receiver yesterday, pretty nice piece. Started working on it yesterday afternoon. I got the barrel pressed in and headspaced and drilled the barrel pin. Populated the barrel but haven't drilled and pinned the components yet. Friday I'll get those pinned and press the barrel back out and get the trunnion and receiver done if I have time. Grandson's first birthday is this weekend, I'll be putting toys together too, lol.
Alright! Happy birthday to the grandson!!:clap2::party:

I might have a dude for ya I’m gonna send you a PM tomorrow with his info. He’s affordable, reliable, works on AKs locally, and best of all honest. If he can’t do it he’ll let you know before feeding you a basket of lies.

Got some extra M92 handguards. Gonna bleach these suckers and get try and get em light. Probably finish in BLO over the course of the next year, or to stain em?
2F3C755D-A6C8-4331-82D7-02C9AA081B59.jpeg
C75CD9E8-9D4E-4237-AE38-8647CE775A04.jpeg

image.jpeg
Got some extra M92 handguards. Gonna bleach these suckers and get try and get em light. Probably finish in BLO over the course of the next year, or to stain em?View attachment 1716647 View attachment 1716639

Try some transtint wood dyes. You can get a lot of variation in the tones mixing and matching colors. Here is a "sunburst" I did awhile back with em. Nice score on the tankers, gonna look sueweet in the Kybher.

Back
Top Bottom