• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Thanks! It’s mostly just an experiment. I am trying to figure out what I want to do with a set of furniture. Going to try doing a border guard green too. If that fails, I am gonna go with orange.

Roger that, I did a border guard green awhile back. I used emerald green transtint but wasn't satisfied how it turned out so I sold it. I have a set of the new soft century sets I might try it on. What are you gonna use for the green?

Don't count me out yet. Still tinkering here and there.

I love making something new again... I have to go over the gas regulator numbers again but the front-end is pretty much done. The handguards are a deep metallic color but the camera flash makes them look black. I'll get some better pics outside or in @FatAlbert Fancy photo booth the closer I am to completion.

20180802_200736.jpg

This is how the parts looked when I got them a while back.

Credit goes to @FatAlbert for Cerakote and Adco for the outstanding Barrel work. I do all the detail work myself.

20180218_210937.jpg

20180802_202217.jpg

I have some FolkArt green wood dye coming in over the weekend and I am hoping for a deep green color, but I am a little worried that it’s going to be grassy green. What Was off about the look?
Roger that, I did a border guard green awhile back. I used emerald green transtint but wasn't satisfied how it turned out so I sold it. I have a set of the new soft century sets I might try it on. What are you gonna use for the green?

I have some FolkArt green wood dye coming in over the weekend and I am hoping for a deep green color, but I am a little worried that it’s going to be grassy green. What Was off about the look?

Didn't come out a rich deep green like I thought it would. I think I got a little impatient and rushed the job.

Today has been productive so far. I sent the SLR107CR to Two Rivers for a barrel chop/pin and weld fake booster/engraving so it will be ready for SBR conversion once the Form 1 comes back. I also ordered the correct Bulgarian handguards for the SLR104UR and a couple of more Circle 10 waffles for the 107.

I'm impatiently waiting on the Form 1 to show for the UR. Today is six months from the check cash date.

Didn't come out a rich deep green like I thought it would. I think I got a little impatient and rushed the job.
I hear that. If there is one thing I learned from painting/staining/sanding, it's that it's 99% prep work and takes a ton of patience.

Today has been productive so far. I sent the SLR107CR to Two Rivers for a barrel chop/pin and weld fake booster/engraving so it will be ready for SBR conversion once the Form 1 comes back. I also ordered the correct Bulgarian handguards for the SLR104UR and a couple of more Circle 10 waffles for the 107.

I'm impatiently waiting on the Form 1 to show for the UR. Today is six months from the check cash date.
Awesome man, can’t wait to see the progress and changes you’re making. If this is your first experience with them, You’re gonna be happy with 2-rivers work.

Awesome man, can’t wait to see the progress and changes you’re making. If this is your first experience with them, You’re gonna be happy with 2-rivers work.

They did the same thing for me on the 104UR. I liked the fact that they did the work as expected, for the price given, and in the time quoted. In my experience that is almost impossible to find when it comes to a gunsmith.

I think Two Rivers should be just about done with my AMD-65... been about time I think, maybe one more week is the 3 month anniversary. I am excite. I picked up a bunch of 20 round KCIs for $8-$9 a pop. I'll supplement those with Hungarian mags later on when $$$ starts flowing again.

I think Two Rivers should be just about done with my AMD-65... been about time I think, maybe one more week is the 3 month anniversary. I am excite. I picked up a bunch of 20 round KCIs for $8-$9 a pop. I'll supplement those with Hungarian mags later on when $$$ starts flowing again.
Heck yeah man, beau called me a few weeks back, already had my barrel populated and the trunnions in place and was working on receiver small parts so could be any day for me too. I got that 800.00 sitting by ready for em!

Back
Top Bottom