• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

So what’s the general consensus here? Yes, no, maybe so

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...galil-sporter-223-rifle.1751800/#post-8501297

And would I just cut the barrel or what else would I have to do to it if I chop it down to 12.5”

KERTWOOD KERTWOOD

Maybe... Just make sure it runs. The Golanis that century put out were it and miss and this particular one has already made its way to a smith for repairs.

Google will provide great results on this subject.

If I just had to have one I would start with a parts kit and a receiver from CNC-Warrior or Tortort. Then send it to Jeff Miller to do the build, but that's just me. More money and time but well worth it.

Maybe... Just make sure it runs. The Golanis that century put out were it and miss and this particular one has already made its way to a smith for repairs.

Google will provide great results on this subject.

If I just had to have one I would start with a parts kit and a receiver from CNC-Warrior or Tortort. Then send it to Jeff Miller to do the build, but that's just me. More money and time but well worth it.
I was afraid I’d have to go that route, Dobbs defense said he’d look at and see if I got it. Any contact info for Jeff miller. Shoot a receiver is expensive and still got the parts kit and barrel.

I was afraid I’d have to go that route, Dobbs defense said he’d look at and see if I got it. Any contact info for Jeff miller. Shoot a receiver is expensive and still got the parts kit and barrel.

Like Mr. Cash said "one piece at a time".

http://hillbillyfirearms.com/

Here... Read this: http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?82713-Galil-Builders-2016

It mentions several top notch builders. Jeff Miller #1 for Galil, Mark Graham (ARS) which is the go to FAL Builder and Two Rivers. These three are plenty capable of building the Galil you desire.

If low on funds, just do what I do. Liquidate everything that's not bolted down or has a heart beat :becky:.

6949B8EB-AC4D-4F57-A7BE-2666641D251E.jpeg

Something like this

I was just looking at that on the google machine. Here’s a little silver lining, at least if you go the build route the kits gonna be a bit cheaper on the front end than the complete rifle, and if you send it to someone who is really good, but really slow, you’ve got a few more months at least to stack more monies. It’s kind of a motivator too, just ask me. When 2 Rivers comes a calling.....

I was just looking at that on the google machine. Here’s a little silver lining, at least if you go the build route the kits gonna be a bit cheaper on the front end than the complete rifle, and if you send it to someone who is really good, but really slow, you’ve got a few more months at least to stack more monies. It’s kind of a motivator too, just ask me. When 2 Rivers comes a calling.....
Yeah I think ima email that guy kertwood recommended tomorrow and see what he says

I say go for it... You will not regret it in the long run and they're not very common like the AK. Plus, it eats 5.56 which is the most plentiful rifle ammo in the states.

Needless to say the Galil was one of the only rifles I didn't get a chance to SBR from my wish list before the 41F went into effect.

Yes!!!! The day has come!

Just got a call from Tim. My Side Folder build is finally complete! I pretty much had the works done for this one.

MD-63 demilled parts kit

Polish FB import barrel CHF/CL new manufacture

Russian Triangle folding stock

Side-folder rear trunnion and hardware for locking latch in front trunnion

Unissued condition forged Romy front trunnion

Had the whole rifle built as a franken Khyber style triangle folder, told Tim in the instructions to thread the battle and hot blue the whole thing as deep and blued as possible, whatever the cost.

I’ll be sending them a money order on Monday and tim will have it in the mail ASAP! Can’t wait for pics I have absolutely no clue how nice it’s gonna look. I remember how fun it was opening the shipping box for the RPK!!

On short time now!

In the beginning....

CC6F45C5-BB11-42C3-B040-0A457D5A40FA.jpeg
40BA459A-F0A9-4E2A-BDBA-EA193F937CFB.jpeg
0A35C70F-877A-4E9F-9C56-9F7BE4A5C6DB.jpeg
84E02EA1-4249-4827-8AF0-497AD881F0EE.jpeg
90DC5B7B-CF4C-49B3-A5EC-886B7A096CF5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom