• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Update on my AMD65

Rifle was originally sold to me with a broken barrel pin. Barrel pin was also oversize and the front trunnion holes were egged out. Looks like time to buy a new trunnion.

That sucks, trunnions are about 1/3 the price of a kit. On the 3 I've built so far I egged out the trunnion on 2 of them. Fixed one by drilling oversize, the latest one I just tore back down and ordered a virgin trunnion. The barrel pin had good contact and was a nice press fit but man that hole was ugly...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

That sucks, trunnions are about 1/3 the price of a kit. On the 3 I've built so far I egged out the trunnion on 2 of them. Fixed one by drilling oversize, the latest one I just tore back down and ordered a virgin trunnion. The barrel pin had good contact and was a nice press fit but man that hole was ugly...
The trunnion on the rifle had already been drilled oversize, so there was no saving the trunnion. I ended up ordering a new Polish trunnion from AK-Builder, which ran me $72 (not bad). Ultimately I learned my lesson to not **** with cheap AKs. It costs just as much to fix a garbage AK as it does to get a good one in the first place.

The trunnion on the rifle had already been drilled oversize, so there was no saving the trunnion. I ended up ordering a new Polish trunnion from AK-Builder, which ran me $72 (not bad). Ultimately I learned my lesson to not **** with cheap AKs. It costs just as much to fix a garbage AK as it does to get a good one in the first place.
I’ve got a trunnion for you Home boy prices of course

F0C7156F-B0F5-49B9-95A9-9EC70F55821F.jpeg
B3A73096-87AB-483A-B51C-930284CF3884.jpeg
28830EE1-13A4-4801-A2C8-5D4189A711ED.jpeg
9AFC538D-60FD-40B0-8F1F-9FA5F74BF9AE.jpeg

Dagnabbit! Where you been at?
My quest for a trunnion was a comedy of errors. By this point, the AMD is going to be as much Circle 11 as it is FEG
Dude for some reason I wasn’t getting alerts for the thread? Sometimes the ones I’ve created have done that. Ahhh well hey if you or anyone else ever needs a trunnion I gots one haha. I’m gonna have to go back and catch up

Back
Top Bottom