• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

It is bad for the pockets . Yugos are my favorite and it appears to be the ops favorite as well. I have been fighting the urge to build a clone .

The clone I want to build is the Iraqi tabuk sniper . They built them to yugo specs . I’ve so lusted over this for years . This thread is killing me .

View attachment 1391832
Then you GOTTA know about Two rivers! Tabuks are awesome! especially since I was in Iraq for two years, but had nowhere near the hobbiest and historical knowledge I do now. Yugos Zastava and Iraq have a great story behind them. I wish I had known more then because I handled many many AKMs RPKs RPDs and in Afghanistan a few DSHKAs and some PKMs....I woulda been all up deep in those guns had I been a collector then. But hey I did find out what a Khyber Pass AK was the hard way lol.
Im definitely a Yugo AKM fan

Then you GOTTA know about Two rivers! Tabuks are awesome! especially since I was in Iraq for two years, but had nowhere near the hobbiest and historical knowledge I do now. Yugos Zastava and Iraq have a great story behind them. I wish I had known more then because I handled many many AKMs RPKs RPDs and in Afghanistan a few DSHKAs and some PKMs....I woulda been all up deep in those guns had I been a collector then. But hey I did find out what a Khyber Pass AK was the hard way lol.
Im definitely a Yugo AKM fan
Yes! I have been looking for one of their sniper builds but folks wont let go! I wish I had known as well that they would be gone like that! POOF! Now I cannot find one. It and a galil ARM 372 were on my make a wish list. I just scored a cherry ARM 372 so all that is left is the tabuk. one day! Thanks for your service btw!

Yes! I have been looking for one of their sniper builds but folks wont let go! I wish I had known as well that they would be gone like that! POOF! Now I cannot find one. It and a galil ARM 372 were on my make a wish list. I just scored a cherry ARM 372 so all that is left is the tabuk. one day! Thanks for your service btw!
My pleasure! I think after the M72 I'm gonna drop a form1 on a Romanian PM90 I've seen kits floating around lately in great shape good price and a nice real deal romy Draco SBR

Alright! Got a great Friday update. Put my order in tonight for the Green Mountain barrel!

21.37" Chrome Lined chamber and bore, Heavy, finned, phosphate finished, front handguard slot. This was about the best US RPK barrel I could find and afford. I'm not upset at it at all and having heard from a few other RPK builders they've all either wished they had went CL or did go CL so I couldn't skip on that.

I plan on running this RPK pretty hard just because it begs for the abuse. It's almost sad the lack of 75 round RPK drum dump videos on YouTube. I expected to see everyone laying in the prone destroying berms and sending cyclic rates of fire at lines of jugs or old washing machines? Oh well I'll remedy that, Yugos wanna be shot. Bad.
IMG_7672.jpg
IMG_7674.jpg
IMG_7673.jpg
IMG_7675.jpg

Spoke to Childers today and they have all my FFL info and will be getting started on the receiver ASAP. Nice gentleman told me it'd probably be closer to 4 weeks than 6 :thumb:. My builder said the second it's in his hands he's feeling the 4 week mark too. So looking like a mid January baby :becky: good thing too bc my birthday is Jan 21st. Nice!!

And still faster than a tax stamp!

Yugo rails are proprietary to Yugo but good news is RS Regulate makes the #307 mount for Yugo rails. I suspect adding a common Russian pattern rail (Bulgarian, Romanian) would not line up with the rivet pattern of your rear bloc on your M72... BTW, is your rear block a 2-rivet or 3 rivet (each side) ? You should be able to locate a NPap optic rail because APEX demilled hundreds and sold them as original-barrel parts kits 1.5 years ago. One of the rear-block rivets uses the same rivet for the rear hole on the optic rail.
Great advice thank you for sharing that knowledge it's a 2 rivet on both sides here's some pics.
IMG_7677.JPG
IMG_7678.JPG
IMG_7679.JPG
IMG_7680.JPG

Back
Top Bottom