• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

1nnn1z.jpg

I’m gonna have parts kit pics on Friday :whoo:

However does ANYONE know where I can score a decent priced 4.5mm pinned side folding rear trunnion for an AKM ?????

I’d need the hardware for the forward receiver locking latch too or at least a source for those. Wouldn’t need the actual stock just the trunnion, pin, and latch/Springs etc

Hell I’d even go 5.5mm pin I guess if I had to buy stocks are easier to find in the 4.5mm world or so I’ve seen

Yeahhhh!!!!! I’m pumped for you
Thanks man. i am pretty thrilled, but I am getting slowed up by one of my clients not paying me on time, which is driving me crazy.
I’m gonna have parts kit pics on Friday :whoo:

However does ANYONE know where I can score a decent priced 4.5mm pinned side folding rear trunnion for an AKM ?????

I’d need the hardware for the forward receiver locking latch too or at least a source for those. Wouldn’t need the actual stock just the trunnion, pin, and latch/Springs etc

Hell I’d even go 5.5mm pin I guess if I had to buy stocks are easier to find in the 4.5mm world or so I’ve seen
Just the trunnions? AoA might have something or try Centerfire Systems. They a bunch more of stuff in recently, including tantal parts. Maybe your trunnion is there...

Thanks man. i am pretty thrilled, but I am getting slowed up by one of my clients not paying me on time, which is driving me crazy.

Just the trunnions? AoA might have something or try Centerfire Systems. They a bunch more of stuff in recently, including tantal parts. Maybe your trunnion is there...
I keep debating the 4.5mm and 5.5mm pin like it even matters lol. All the Arsenal’s I’ve had went 4.5mm and I think there are more stocks out there to buy at a cheaper price for the 4.5mm set up.

No Friday will be a Full parts kit

So here’s what I got going for me. I’m trying to build a “last’s forever hand down through generations of resistance” AKM

Having researched battlefield Las Vegas insane torture testing, I’ve determined the things that need to be extremely tough and what to actually expect out of your AK when it’s ran hard AF non stop.
According to them; all AKMs will suffer cracked front trunnions or cracked receivers. On well made AKMs (WASR parts did the best on their product line) this round count is between 80,000-100,000 rounds. Starting with newer parts of course.
Barrels give up the ghost variably, I.e. a Nitride barrel around 10-15k and some CHF CL commie barrels (Polish/Romanian) have yet to be shot out on some rifles, the ones that are were around the 80,000 mark as well.
1mm stamped receivers can suffer cracking on the top near the trunnion upper bolt rails but also 80k-100k ish
So here’s what I have for my 80,000 life AKM build.

Bought another MD63 parts kit in Good to Very Good condition.

Bought a new unused forged Romanian virgin front Trunnion to replace the beat up parts kit one

Bought a brand new Polish Fabryka Broni "FB Radom” Chrome Lined, cold hammer forged barrel (forever barrel) came with certificate of authenticity etc

Buying a Russian side folding 4.5mm pinned rear trunnion

Childers US stamping, but with (insert various 3rd world country here) selector notches already cut, and rear cut for 4.5mm folding stock receiver

Buying a Russian metal Triangle folding stock.

Bought a brand new virgin commie bolt/bolt carrier group (Romanian)

Sending all parts to Two Rivers, having them build the MD63 kit, using the virgin barrel, front trunnion, rear folding trunnion, bolt and bolt carrier. Having the ENTIRE rifle blued perfectly.

Will probably pop on US furniture to help achieve 922r compliance and then having it stained and sealed in good old Russian Red wood.

Showing it off, taking some glamour shots, zeroing rifle, then shoving it in the safe as my forever and a day never die AKM.

Grabbing my BFPU MD63 and continuing to beat it into the ground until we break it.

Back
Top Bottom