• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

Speaking of AKs, which I have a few decent ones IMO... They seem to be fading away as my favorite or at least running neck and neck with these.

20180217_162446.jpg

Now mind you that the SBR is simply a mock up until I finish the Isareli lower I have for it. As for the upper one... I'm going to do what most call a no no. I plan on cutting the OG Steyr CHF 21" barrel down to 16" and making a para out of the above receiver. Both will be ran suppressed of course. Im definetly not what some call a purist! Now off the the Falfiles to sell some stuff to fund the project.

There's just something about 30rds of 308 that scream " come at me bro" in my funniest millennial voice.

So here’s what I got going for me. I’m trying to build a “last’s forever hand down through generations of resistance” AKM

Having researched battlefield Las Vegas insane torture testing, I’ve determined the things that need to be extremely tough and what to actually expect out of your AK when it’s ran hard AF non stop.
According to them; all AKMs will suffer cracked front trunnions or cracked receivers. On well made AKMs (WASR parts did the best on their product line) this round count is between 80,000-100,000 rounds. Starting with newer parts of course.
Barrels give up the ghost variably, I.e. a Nitride barrel around 10-15k and some CHF CL commie barrels (Polish/Romanian) have yet to be shot out on some rifles, the ones that are were around the 80,000 mark as well.
1mm stamped receivers can suffer cracking on the top near the trunnion upper bolt rails but also 80k-100k ish
So here’s what I have for my 80,000 life AKM build.

Bought another MD63 parts kit in Good to Very Good condition.

Bought a new unused forged Romanian virgin front Trunnion to replace the beat up parts kit one

Bought a brand new Polish Fabryka Broni "FB Radom” Chrome Lined, cold hammer forged barrel (forever barrel) came with certificate of authenticity etc

Buying a Russian side folding 4.5mm pinned rear trunnion

Childers US stamping, but with (insert various 3rd world country here) selector notches already cut, and rear cut for 4.5mm folding stock receiver

Buying a Russian metal Triangle folding stock.

Bought a brand new virgin commie bolt/bolt carrier group (Romanian)

Sending all parts to Two Rivers, having them build the MD63 kit, using the virgin barrel, front trunnion, rear folding trunnion, bolt and bolt carrier. Having the ENTIRE rifle blued perfectly.

Will probably pop on US furniture to help achieve 922r compliance and then having it stained and sealed in good old Russian Red wood.

Showing it off, taking some glamour shots, zeroing rifle, then shoving it in the safe as my forever and a day never die AKM.

Grabbing my BFPU MD63 and continuing to beat it into the ground until we break it.

Cracking you say? I'd love to see a torture test ran with one of these as the base of the build...

https://www.sharpsbros.com/products/mb47

4.5mm Izmash smooth butt Triangle stock acquired and paid.
Childers receiver with rear cut for 4.5mm folding trunnion and Russian selector markings paid and being made

Now I got all the parts....just gotta wait for them to be delivered then off to Tim and back to the ORIGINAL STG idea! Had to get that AKM kit handled though! Now I’m back to FAL bidness! :whoo:

Khyber Pass Romanian/Russian/Polish triangle side folder coming in hot!

4.5mm Izmash smooth butt Triangle stock acquired and paid.
Childers receiver with rear cut for 4.5mm folding trunnion and Russian selector markings paid and being made

Now I got all the parts....just gotta wait for them to be delivered then off to Tim and back to the ORIGINAL STG idea! Had to get that AKM kit handled though! Now I’m back to FAL bidness! :whoo:

Khyber Pass Romanian/Russian/Polish triangle side folder coming in hot!

Build it yourself... Heck, between @billieco and myself you don't even have to purchase the tools. We'll loan them out and lend a hand (speaking for myself in general) when needed. You're getting pretty deep in the AK scene bud, time to start tinkering with these on your own. Paying the next man will become a waste of money before long.

Also, on the next build give a look at recreator: http://www.recreatorblanks.com/ The new Bees Knees in the AK receiver realm.

Back
Top Bottom