• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zastava AK-47 M70 O- PAP

How's CAI built quality? They turned out crappy FALs and AKs at one time. I never looked at them since then.

FWIW, I was reading that double-stack bolts are better than single stack bolts. I called J&G to ask if they had double-stack bolts and they acted like I was speaking Chinese. If anyone knows for sure they are a double-stacked bolt, I'd like to know. The only real complaints I found was that J&G takes the 2 Yugo BHO mags and sells them separately and gives you one surplus mag. While I'm at it, what's a good AK mag? Is a Tapco a Magpul type equivalent for an AR that is good? I've been knee deep in AR research for about 2 years and know a lot, but am just now taking the AK plunge and am very much a newbie! :)

Yes they are double stack bolts. The earlier generations had problems, but these have the double stack bolts and thicker receivers. They are good quality from the reviews I have seen, and they are very close to the original except for a few small things like the pistol grip.

Regarding the mags stay away from Tapco, Promag, etc. The European steel mags are what you want - cheap and they work.

Thanks. What US parts do you have? Do you know who does the conversion?
PS last time I looked at century international, they were building guns out of chopped up Brazilian and Yugo kits, so it has been a long time ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom