• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zastava AK-47 M70 O- PAP

I received the AK today and after a good cleaning, it looks pretty nice. The wood is a little rough for my taste. Have any of you guys stained the wood on your AKs? If so, did you take the furniture off beforehand or just tape off and go for it? I've read some just do a light sanding and then their stain/seal of choice.

Pic as requested:
20130729_181117.jpg

IMO they are better than a Saiga and cheaper. You aint gotta do all that converting crap with them.
For the price, there is not another better AK out there right now.
There is NOOOO way that a Yugo is better than a Saiga. Two main reasons: Yugos are built on heavy-ass RPK receivers and they do not have chrome-lined barrels. A converted Saiga is a as close as you can get to a true Russian AK.

I'm partial to red/cherry personally. I think some light sanding will take some of the black marks off the wood. Is it worth it to take the wood off first? It's obviously easy enough to take the top piece off, but not so sure about the bottom piece and butt stock.

I would take it off especially if your gonna stain it. Its not that hard. I would use tung oil also. I have a polish underfolder im going to do that to whenever I get motivated enough.

I would take it off especially if your gonna stain it. Its not that hard. I would use tung oil also. I have a polish underfolder im going to do that to whenever I get motivated enough.

I'm assuming the tung oil is after staining? There are 2 screws on the butt stock I'm assuming will get it to come off? How about the wooden under piece?

There is NOOOO way that a Yugo is better than a Saiga. Two main reasons: Yugos are built on heavy-ass RPK receivers and they do not have chrome-lined barrels. A converted Saiga is a as close as you can get to a true Russian AK.

Guess you missed the IMO part.
And yes, the Yugo is better than the Saiga still.

Back
Top Bottom