• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zastava AK-47 M70 O- PAP

The Zastava factory is literally a rocks throw from my granny's farm in Serbia. I plan on going next summer to visit, so I can stop in the factory and get some fresh off the mill/lathe parts if anyone is interested. Its probably pennies on the dollar. Average salary there is $3-400 a month.

I'll take a bolt and bolt carrier assembly. Let me know how much.

I'll take a bolt and bolt carrier assembly. Let me know how much.

Will do.

Thinking more about it, do any of yall know if there are any laws against importing gun parts or "parts kits"? I have a connection at the factory and would like to capitalize on it. As an example, I could do M92 parts kits for $4-500 new. They currently go for $700+ used. Would it be legal to import 50-75 parts kits?

Will do.

Thinking more about it, do any of yall know if there are any laws against importing gun parts or "parts kits"? I have a connection at the factory and would like to capitalize on it. As an example, I could do M92 parts kits for $4-500 new. They currently go for $700+ used. Would it be legal to import 50-75 parts kits?

I want a M70 kit please

The more I think about it, the more I think I need to make the trip in a month or two, rather than next summer. I just hope there are no weird "gun parts" importation laws.

Can they try to mail them?
Kind of less risk. Only thing you'll be out of the parts, not doing jail time.

I would not try to bring 50-75 parts kits back in personal luggage. I would have it shipped. The question is; with it being gun parts, is it free game to import a crate of parts or are there some importation laws forbidding doing so without a special permit etc.

I would not try to bring 50-75 parts kits back in personal luggage. I would have it shipped. The question is; with it being gun parts, is it free game to import a crate of parts or are there some importation laws forbidding doing so without a special permit etc.

ITAR... it's a mess, and the reason you see $100 limits on gun parts shipping to foreign countries (like Canada, LOL).

I think they did just raise the limit on the value of parts you can ship internationally, maybe to $400 now, but certain parts are a no-go without gov't approval. I'd be really, really careful on starting your own firearms parts import business...

Last edited:
The Zastava factory is literally a rocks throw from my granny's farm in Serbia. I plan on going next summer to visit, so I can stop in the factory and get some fresh off the mill/lathe parts if anyone is interested. Its probably pennies on the dollar. Average salary there is $3-400 a month.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but you're going to have a difficult time getting anything thru customs- I recommend brushing up and having some ru in hand when that time comes

I wish you the best of luck and will be the first to buy you a drink of your choice if you are successful

Back
Top Bottom