• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zastava Sporting Rifle

HelluvaEngineer

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
I picked up this Zastava M70 Sporting rifle at the last gunshow. Its chambered in .308 Winchester, has a 23.6" barrel, and a smooth reliable Mauser Action.

Its been getting harder and harder to find a bolt gun with iron sights, but if you look hard enough they're still out there!

I took it to the range the other day and I have to say that its a good shooter! Anyone else have any experience with them?

1.jpg
2.jpg

I have an older Interarms import Zastava Mark X in .308 - I just installed a timney trigger which brought in my groups significantly. I am shooting 168 grain .308 Sierra Match BTHP 0.776" @ 100 yards with it now. For a rifle not many folks know about, it is a great and amazingly accurate weapon.

I removed the irons and put a scope on my presently, but it was very capable rifle right out of the box

I have a Z98 in 7mm rem. Haven't had it out to the range yet, but if looks are any indication of quality, it must be a sweet rifle. The bluing is deeper and nicer than any I've ever seen, and every moving part appears to be precisely machined and fitted, just real sound stuff. I'll update yall after I get some glass on it and take it to the range.

I have a Z98 in 7mm rem. Haven't had it out to the range yet, but if looks are any indication of quality, it must be a sweet rifle. The bluing is deeper and nicer than any I've ever seen, and every moving part appears to be precisely machined and fitted, just real sound stuff. I'll update yall after I get some glass on it and take it to the range.

They do appear to be of great quality! The only thing lacking was a good finish on the stock. I've given mine 4 or 5 coats of linseed oil and will probably give it another 4 or 5 to keep it nice. Gives it a great sheen that really shows of the grain off the wood.

Last edited:
They do appear to be of great quality! The only thing lacking was a good finish on the stock. I've given mine 4 or 5 coats of linseed oil and will probably give it another 4 or 5 to keep it nice. Gives it a great sheen that really shows of the grain off the wood.

Mine is an '09, and by that time, they weren't making the wood stock model anymore, just synth. I fixed this by ordering a Boyd's varmint thumbhole in black pepper laminate, just received it the day before yesterday! I'll post up a pic once I do some minor filing and fit the barreled action to the stock. I think this is going to finish up as one of the sexiest rifles I've ever seen. Hopefully it shoots well, too :)

660-716-2T.jpg

Last edited:
would you happen to have your synthetic stock that you would like to sell cheap? lol

black synthetic? what model?

Back
Top Bottom