• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zenith MP5 review.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
I got this to SBR it. I will be getting the paperwork done some time this week. I have to be honest though. After owning a HK94 this firearm comes up short in many ways.

1. The magazines wobble a little. Still seams to cycle fine but that is disappointing. some mags are worse than others. I am going to order some factory HK mags and try them. Edit; one of the mags doesn't wobble at all.
2, Fit and finish is fine but not HK quality. Edit; I was slightly prejudice now the more I look at the finish is actually pretty nice.
3. The cap on the end of the gun is a little loose. Hoping when I get the paperwork in and order the stock it won't be as noticeable.Edit; appears to be normal for all HKs
4. Fully loaded mags will not insert in the gun. So I am going to order HK mags. Edit: I am pretty sure it is just the mke mags. Germans should be fine.

I am going to take it to the range and shoot the **** out of it to see if it is even worth SBRing.

Any of you guys own one of these and what is your experience with the firearm. How does it cycle and is it reliable enough to take the time to SBR it?

IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_3575.JPG

I have only hear good things about them. But I have always thought if they sold them at the 500-600 dollar mark everybody would own one. Because they are just a copy they are over priced in my book. I do want one but I am to cheap.

Totally agree about the price point. But the real deal HKs are priced way too high also imho.....

The mags do wobble some and they shoot really well. The finish isn't bad but its certainly not an exact match for the real thing. Very reliable right out of the box. They are great as shooters and they are not collector pieces. Personally, im glad that i bought a clone instead of the real thing.....had alot of fun for 1/4 the price

I have only hear good things about them. But I have always thought if they sold them at the 500-600 dollar mark everybody would own one. Because they are just a copy they are over priced in my book. I do want one but I am to cheap.
Carbine version ~$700 wouldn't stay on the shelves.
Totally agree about the price point. But the real deal HKs are priced way too high also imho.....

The mags do wobble some and they shoot really well. The finish isn't bad but its certainly not an exact match for the real thing. Very reliable right out of the box. They are great as shooters and they are not collector pieces.
I have been doing research guys and it looks like these guns are licensed by HK and made on their tooling. I am more and more impressed by these firearms the more I research them. Turkey has been making them for 30 years. These guns are not clones or copies they are the real deal and the only real deal HK being imported in the US right now.

Got 3 factory new German HK mags and the thread protector for this gun on the way. I think the German mags will be better.

Going to the range today to test this firearm out and that will be the deciding factor as to whether this gets SBRd or not.

Got 3 factory new German HK mags and the thread protector for this gun on the way. I think the German mags will be better.

Going to the range today to test this firearm out and that will be the deciding factor as to whether this gets SBRd or not.

Interested to know. I've Been pondering buying one but haven't jumped on board.

Back
Top Bottom