• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zenith MP5 review.

Haven't been this excited to go to the range in a while. I really hope I am not disappointed.

Will see if for sale this afternoon. :becky:
Nah if it fails to function properly I will get rid of it (not on the ODT of course probably pawn it for a 3rd its value) or throw it in the trash then again it has a five year warranty. If it works like it is supposed to I will SBR it.

Nah if it fails to function properly I will get rid of it (not on the ODT of course probably pawn it for a 3rd its value) or throw it in the trash then again it has a five year warranty. If it works like it is supposed to I will SBR it.
There decent guns for what they are but no comparison to HK when it comes to quality.

I've got one. I put 1,000 rounds through it before I filed my form 1. I put a B&T side folder on it that I got for a steal on GB. It doesn't wobble at all.

On the mags, I have 10 HK and three MKE's. There's little difference other than finish. The MKE's are painted and the paint wears some. The standard loading method is with retracted bolt, insert fresh mag and slap down the charging handle. Any time I ride (or use my thumb to rock out) the charging handle, I get a misfeed. If I slap it, all is good. Mine feed Hornady hollow points very well.

Do yourself a favor. Get some carb or break cleaner and clean the action well. It looks like they put a coat of cosmoline or lacquer inside the receiver. I had a few misfeed after about 300 rounds when trying to shoot It with a wet can. I sprayed some brake cleaner in to get the carbon out, and a good bit of brown thick gummy stuff came out. I started working at it and found it was all over the insides, and in the bolt carrier too. Once I cleaned this out, it's run flawless.

30-40 year old tooling may be quite worn and out of spec......I've seen it with other manufacturing. Still....these aren't meant to be exact copies

Keep in mind that these aren't simply commercial guns. MKE is/has been fielding these for quite a while, and while the tooling could be old, it doesn't mean that they haven't kept up with tooling wear. Turkey ain't Pakistan.

I've had a number of HK's and have some contract guns. I can't see much difference other than paint finish in the MKE's and the HK's. The parts finish looks good (no tool marks), the welds are nice, and nearly equivalent. IMO, the only superiority of HK marked has been left to cosmetics at best.

These guns are not clones or copies they are the real deal and the only real deal HK being imported in the US right now.

Being made on HK tooling doesn't make it an HK unless you add to that tooling the same expertise and quality control.

Also HK is importing MP5 in the K configuration: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/595635777

All rollerlock clones are expensive so clone or not expect to spend $1500+

Back
Top Bottom