• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zenith MP5 review.

As noted above, HK91, HK93, HK94 are all clones of the G3, 33, and MP5. Clones is a misnomer that is overused these days. These guns ARE clones in that they're a copy of a German produced military weapon, but they're not clones in that they're produced for military use, but they are clones of those military weapons in that they're not full auto versions.

If these are clones, then so are Colt AR's, right?

The question should be- are these quality guns. The answer is yes, in general. There have been a few issues of QC nature. I don't think it means that overall QC is poor, but that in an effort to make shipments, some have been allowed to pass QC that could have been caught with more stringent quality checks and more absolute policy of pass/fail.

Mine has around 1,800 rounds through it, 1,000 were 115gr mixed ammo (store bought) and around 800 of both 147gr Hornday XTP handloads and 147gr RMR triple plated round nose. I can't tell a difference in any of the ammo in feeding. It all has worked. All HK parts I've tried, fit perfectly, no fitting of anything.

As noted above, HK91, HK93, HK94 are all clones of the G3, 33, and MP5. Clones is a misnomer that is overused these days. These guns ARE clones in that they're a copy of a German produced military weapon, but they're not clones in that they're produced for military use, but they are clones of those military weapons in that they're not full auto versions.

If these are clones, then so are Colt AR's, right?

The question should be- are these quality guns. The answer is yes, in general. There have been a few issues of QC nature. I don't think it means that overall QC is poor, but that in an effort to make shipments, some have been allowed to pass QC that could have been caught with more stringent quality checks and more absolute policy of pass/fail.

Mine has around 1,800 rounds through it, 1,000 were 115gr mixed ammo (store bought) and around 800 of both 147gr Hornday XTP handloads and 147gr RMR triple plated round nose. I can't tell a difference in any of the ammo in feeding. It all has worked. All HK parts I've tried, fit perfectly, no fitting of anything.

The name Colt AR is very specific as to what it is, Colt's ArmaLite Rifle so it would be Colt's version of it so technically a clone.

That said I agree with everything you said. I also know that the earlier MKEs had finishing issues and also issues with their sights being slightly canted. The customer service is excellent from what I hear and you get a lot of extras with their guns like 3 mags (which I hear are pretty good) and that mount for optics. I wouldnt mind one of those myself. I like my Atlantic Arms clone but if I had to get another I wouldn't mind an MKE like bypass's

200 flawless rounds later and accuracy that surpassed what I expected. I was plinking a coke can at 115 yards. I think I am in love. Now to find some time to get down to see Nonliberal Nonliberal and get the SBR paperwork done.

115 yards or 15 yards? I can't imagine anyone hitting a target as small as a can with a 9mm pistol from 100 yards away.

We can do it the morning of Dec 2nd before we head out of town.
I'm coming down there tomorrow. ;) I'm in a hurry. Still trying to decide if I want to spend 3 days alone with you in the woods playing banjos. ;) Just kidding bro. But I will be there tomorrow if that is OK.

115 yards or 15 yards? I can't imagine anyone hitting a target as small as a can with a 9mm pistol from 100 yards away.
115 yards. You haven't met me have you. Lots of guys put a target up 7 yards away with a pistol. I am not one of those guys I shoot cans and 2 liter bottles at 100+ with my pistols and if the pistol isn't capable I throw them away.

Back
Top Bottom