• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zeroing your Rifle ($35)/Basic Handgun ($55)

6   0
Reaction score
Hey ODT,

I am starting a simple course on walking through zeroing your rifle. This will include both iron sights and optics.

The course will cover the principals of shooting, breathing, positioning, trigger squeeze, etc. The goal of the course is to provide you a foundation to easily and effectively zero any rifle; and to consistently perform well with any of your rifles (regardless of type). Whatever the distance (100m or 300m), I will help you break down what remedial actions need to be taken, if any, and other tips to be effective when manipulating your weapon.

The course is $35 plus the cost of ammunition (minimum of 25 rounds) & range fee for any party attending.

The Basic Handgun course will focus on grip, sight picture, trigger squeeze, weapon manipulation, reinforcement of good mechanics and correction of bad habits.

The Basic Handgun course will provide a solid foundation for new/novice shooters to better understand how to control and perform with their handgun. This course will break down the principals of shooting (understanding the rules/safety measures of shooting), the mechanics of effective weapon manipulation, stances/kinetic chain of shooting, as well as several legal points to consider.

The course is $55 plus the cost of ammunition (minimum of 50 rounds *100 rounds is recommended*) & range fee for any party attending.

Please send a DM for time slots; first come first serve.

Follow me!

Attachments

• ARMY.jpeg
    ARMY.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 24
  • HANDGUN.jpeg
    HANDGUN.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 24
  • ARMY2.jpeg
    ARMY2.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 25
I could use help with sighting in rifles. Let me know where you train out of. We can work it out this Spring sometime.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

what would be the actual distances we would shoot?
Particularly the rifle.
I've got one I'd like to use at 100-300 yards, after a quick few shots at a closer targetvto make sure I'm at least "on paper."

what would be the actual distances we would shoot?
Particularly the rifle.
I've got one I'd like to use at 100-300 yards, after a quick few shots at a closer targetvto make sure I'm at least "on paper."

So, concerning zeroing and confirming a zero outdoors would depend on how far you would be willing to drive.

Indoor zeros are what I typically teach on. 25 perspective zero for 300m (Army Standard) and the same for the 100m are the targets I use. To be honest, with the course I walk you through this takes at least 45 min, with students who are already adept so indoor is what I typically do.

I know of several ranges up north that we can confirm your zero, but I would have to charge more for travel, and time. This would be if I do not have a follow up class; and more than likely I would need to re-schedule with you for one indoor to find zero/confirm zero, then to go "qualify" just like we do at Ft.Benning/Stewart.

That is not to say I can not and will not, but it's a lengthy process, and even for us when we're on a time table for a live fire lane; it takes a minimum of 3 hours per shooter. Granted, for us on this side of things, it should take 1.5-2 hours excluding travel.

Any EMTs/First Responders, Firemen, LEO, or Military personnel get a free course (BYOA). I am always open to learn more and trade information to ensure that those who work with me are getting the most sound and up to date information.

Please DM me if you are any of the above and we will work something out.

Back
Top Bottom