• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zillow abandoning the home flipping business

Were they really looking to flip all of them, or sit on some income generating assets for a little while to dump cash before inflation set in?

So companies like Zillow were over inflating the housing market by buying up entire neighborhoods by outbidding actual potential homeowners, and now may cause a bubble burst because they're stuck with all of these overpriced houses they bought and can't flip?

Have never seen an entire neighborhood bought by Zillow. Curious where that is.

as long as the population here increases prices will go up --
"reached its peak" , "can't go higher" -- it can and likely will ---

recently my 1400sd ft house in calif, 60+ years old and in need of a complete renovation sold for 1 million plus ----

Will be interesting to see if this is just a one-company management misstep, or a market peak event

I think it is a big greedy company misstep. People always look for and want a nice safe place to live. Been this way since the days of the Caveman. Greedy investors drive up prices and create demand based on good marketing techniques. Greedy people chasing high paying jobs keep the prices high until Covid 19 came along and reset a lot of people priorities.

My wife and I have been in our current home since 1994. She does not care what our home is valued at because we live in a nice neighborhood with good people. Several have died and their children inherited paid for homes they move into. Children do some basic upgrades and remodeling and their lives get easy because of no or very low debt.

I think it is a big greedy company misstep. People always look for and want a nice safe place to live. Been this way since the days of the Caveman. Greedy investors drive up prices and create demand based on good marketing techniques. Greedy people chasing high paying jobs keep the prices high until Covid 19 came along and reset a lot of people priorities.
iu

Believe it...we just sold ours to their competitor at Zestimate price listed. Sure beats the hell out of having a bunch of unknowns crawling through your house while you're still living in it.
**** that is awesome, in that case where do I sign up? I'd sell my house tomorrow for their listed Zestimate.

Back
Top Bottom