• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zimmerman Prosecutor Angela Corey Criminally Indicted

Hmmmm.... What's a "Citizens" Grand Jury?
that's a miss nomer. Every grand jury is made up of citizens.

Disregard, I just read up on those guys. Wtf are they doing? Anything they 'hand down', or decide won't be acted on. It's the same as taking a poll, it's just opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its purely symbolic. Which is unfortunate because the indictment seems justifiable giving the documented legal misconduct by the State. Larry Klayman is a high profile civil liberties activist with ties to the Republican and Tea parties. Which is also unfortunate because the leftists in charge will simply dismiss the "Citizens' Grand Jury" as right wing extremists.

Its purely symbolic. Which is unfortunate because the indictment seems justifiable giving the documented legal misconduct by the State. Larry Klayman is a high profile civil liberties activist with ties to the Republican and Tea parties. Which is also unfortunate because the leftists in charge will simply dismiss the "Citizens' Grand Jury" as right wing extremists.
Actually, I think she's using a loophole here: http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_1101
If you scroll down to the 'exceptions' area, the evidentary rules don't apply in Grand Jury instances.

The article says she will be tried and likely convicted?

Me No Understand.
It's just talk at this point. Their 'trial' has no real power. Don't get me wrong, this woman need to be disbarred, and brought up on charges for malicious prosecution, but these guys saying they're going to try her is like me declaring myself king of England. It's not really gonna mean anything.

Actually, I think she's using a loophole here: http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_1101
If you scroll down to the 'exceptions' area, the evidentary rules don't apply in Grand Jury instances.

I don't claim to be a legal scholar, but those appear to be the federal rules of evidence as they apply to US and US District courts. Corey is a special state prosecutor and represents the State of Florida. Also, I couldn't find it, but did Corey initially obtain an indictment or did she obtain an arrest warrant from a judge?

Regardless of whether or not she violated the letter of the law, she has certainly violated the spirit of the law by pursuing a politically motivated prosecution spurred by outside influences that reached all the way to the Oval Office.

I don't claim to be a legal scholar, but those appear to be the federal rules of evidence as they apply to US and US District courts. Corey is a special state prosecutor and represents the State of Florida. Also, I couldn't find it, but did Corey initially obtain an indictment or did she obtain an arrest warrant from a judge?

Regardless of whether or not she violated the letter of the law, she has certainly violated the spirit of the law by pursuing a politically motivated prosecution spurred by outside influences that reached all the way to the Oval Office.
Oh, I agree that she needs to get her ass handed to her. as far as the guidelines, I think they're the same guidelines for most states. (Where's Hoss when we need him?)

Back
Top Bottom