Doubled Up for My Boy - UPd 2 May 2024

I appreciate your kind words, but my boy did all the work. 👍👍
On THAT day he did. I tried to get my son interested in the outdoors, and he's just not. It was the single most important bond me and my dad had so it kills me. I regret not trying harder but I said I'd never force anything, so he's off doing his thing. You did well and I hope you all have a lifetime of outdoors enjoyment together!

On THAT day he did. I tried to get my son interested in the outdoors, and he's just not. It was the single most important bond me and my dad had so it kills me. I regret not trying harder but I said I'd never force anything, so he's off doing his thing. You did well and I hope you all have a lifetime of outdoors enjoyment together!

I feel for you. It is sad. BUT you did and are doing the right thing- accepting and supporting. And the future is unwritten - maybe it comes full circle and your son dabbles in the outdoors, or has children and they get into the outdoors with their grandpa (you)! :)

My boy has been with me outside from the start. I worked at night so I could be at home raising him and taking him everywhere. I sit back more now and watch him make the cast, see if he spots the fish I spotted and target casts to it, etc. I want to fish but I find myself spectating slightly more and more. LOL.

Hope you and yours find yourself outdoors now and then 👍👍

Update 2 May 2024

Well my boy was excited to "defend my titles" as he said a few times before last Saturday. Last year down in Thomaston was his first win after a few events. So in preparation for this year's I asked him his thoughts and his answer was "Win, Papa, win" (IE Adrian in ROCKY lol). He spent a few hours dialing in his gear - conditioning his line, tying on fluoro leaders, and organizing one of his tackle boxes. Saturday morning comes and at the site he helps the organizers unload their cars before walking the BOW seeing what he can see. Fast forward to the fishing action ... and he continues to walk around the pond slinging out his lure and he managed to catch his limit of 5 fish. Releasing the smaller bass as he landed larger ones. Not only did he defend his double win from last year, but he picked up a third win for a triple! So he was all smiles last Saturday :) I, as usual, watched him walk the water and make cast after cast, really enjoying my personal show. All parents know what I'm talkin' about here - seeing your kid do something they have a passion for. As much as I enjoy seeing him land a fish, watching him chat with the other competitors and offer thoughts and tips on lures and presentation is a feel good for sure.

20240430_102500.jpg

Love seeing these young guys enthusiasm with outdoor sports such as fishing and hunting. Keep up the good work young man. My Grandson did high school Basd Fishing and won scholarships doing it. He still fishing tournaments now. I know how proud Papa is too. It’s a great feeling for the both of you. Keep up the great spirit to always do your best and you will see how you will succeed in life. Hats off sir and congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom