• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help me help a lady in need

When I was working, our 15-vehicle fleet had several Dodge trucks, a Jeep, and an old K-car which was an engineered piece of junk. One problem we encountered was with the MAF sensors preventing starting. I found an article on the Journey that may explain the MAF problem for that vehicle.
https://www.wheelsjoint.com/dodge-journey-bad-maf-sensor-symptoms-causes/

Common problem wire a toggle switch into the power feed for the lights coming out of the BCM, no load, no draw. Fixed a bunch of them with a 3 dollar switch, BTW that part has been obsolete for about 15 years
Can you possibly send me a simple diagram of what you're describing. Reason I ask is the mechanic I asked about doing something similar to what you described acted like he didn't want to do it. He wanted me to put a kill switch or negative disconnect like in a drag race car under the hood. Since this would be my daughter's first vehicle you can imagine how that would go.

Can you possibly send me a simple diagram of what you're describing. Reason I ask is the mechanic I asked about doing something similar to what you described acted like he didn't want to do it. He wanted me to put a kill switch or negative disconnect like in a drag race car under the hood. Since this would be my daughter's first vehicle you can imagine how that would go.
Pm replied

It sounds like you need a scan tool (not a code reader). Need to figure out what module isn't doing its job.
Where is the stranded car located?
She ended up taking it to a shop. They told her it was hit by lightning and fried every module on the car. I told her I had a hard time believing that and that they probably just wanted her money. Then she said they told her they couldnt fix it even if they had the modules because they couldnt program them. So maybe they were onto something. Havent talked to her in a few days but I think the cat might be getting scrapped. Its a 10 year old dodge with 180k so its well past its useful life.

Back
Top Bottom