147gr Berry's bullets

cwgibson

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
9   0
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any recipes for loading the Berry's plated bullets (RN) using Ramshot Silhouette. They only have Raniers bullets listed; which I'm sure is close, but I wanted to check with some others.

I''ve been shooting berrys 147 with the starting load of unique from lymans for jacket ammo, 3.7 with unique. I know its a diff powder, but don't be too worried about shooting them at normal velosity, they claim there good to 1200fps, and you'd be doing some real off the books loading to get a 147 9mm up that high
I'm 750 rounds into this recipe and have been real happy

I forgot my Lee dies have a reloading sheet with them. This is what they give:

Lead bullet

Starting gr 3.9 (4.6 max) 981fps min oal 1.145

Copper plated bullet

Starting gr 4.3 (4.9 max) 974fps min oal 1.160

We have moved since I reloaded last and I haven't unpacked my Lyman manual to see what they have to say. I still have to find me some primers as well.

The rainers and berry's are very close to the same thing. They are typically shorter than a comparable jacketed bullet of the same weight(even if slightly), hence the different recipes. A lead bullet takes up less space than a jacketed bullet of the same weight.

I worked up some loads with 4.2gr +\- of silhouette and an OAL of 1.160. I will see how those shoot tomorrow. Tonight I will probably try some with about 3.6gr and an OAL of 1.145 and try those as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom