1st deer hunt trip.

Bass Akwards

Default rank 5000+ posts
Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
48   0
Reaction score
Well after finally eating some deer that was cooked correctly, my parents did NOT know hot to cook deer meat., I am gonna start hunting deer for the first time this weekend. I bought a Ruger m77 markII 7.08 to hunt with, put a few down the pipe and scope is dead on. Got my camping gear ready, and cannot wait this weekend. Any thoughts on the rifle I bought?

Very nice rifle, on another note maybe you will have more luck than me. Day 1 saw 21 squirrels, leaving my stand got stung by a scorpion, twice. Day 2 drew back on a doe and hit the release accidentally sending a 20 dollar arrow into the next county. Day 3 saw two red foxes, drew back and shot 3 inches over one at 30 yds. They both hauled ass, three straight days of misquetos chomping on my ass is all I got

I hope the cold snap takes care of the damn mosqitos. The guys I will be going with shot 3 or 4 already, so one is gonna put my in one of his stands that he has been seeing deer in. So hopefully I will bring a cooler full home.

Hey man, you got the equipment covered. Ruger makes a fine rifle. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to get one your first time out, it'll turn you into a swivel headed goof. Just enjoy the time you have in the woods and relax. Best therapy I've ever had.

Best of luck to you!

Hey man, you got the equipment covered. Ruger makes a fine rifle. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to get one your first time out, it'll turn you into a swivel headed goof. Just enjoy the time you have in the woods and relax. Best therapy I've ever had.

Best of luck to you!

Sound advice, and be prepared to become addicted.....its my drug of choice

Back
Top Bottom