Giveaway!  2 usgi 30 round ar mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

jastricker

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
192   0
Reaction score
I have just hit 180 so I figured it is time to give something away, and I know magazines are to find right now. So, I am giving away 2 u.s.g.i. steel magazines as pictured Also get friends in blue states to contact their reps as well. Good luck
Below you will find a letter I would like you to send to the links at the end, and after you get a response back from one of the entities you contact, copy and paste it as your entry, update as i know it can take days to get a response I will go on the honor system u can just post I am in, or say something funny. There are two different endings depending on who you are sending the letter too. Also, please send this letter to friends in other states to help ensure the ban does not go through. My daughter will pick a name out of a bowl in about two weeks. Please enter only once as you will be disqualified if you enter more than once. Also, supporters will get two draws for their entry. If you are not a supporter please consider supporting the site, as it is your money that helps keep this site running smoothly. Here is the link to become a supporter- http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/faq.php?faq=supporter

Dear &#8230;.
I implore you to please stand up for the second amendment rights of the many law abiding gun owners in this country and to honor the explicit wishes of our founding fathers. A ban on “assault rifles” and high capacity magazines will not stop a determined deranged person from using one of these weapons to go on a shooting spree. Millions of “assault” rifles are already in circulation. So, even if the ban is passed it will be nearly impossible to completely remove them from circulation. The last time the United States had an “assault” weapons ban the murder rate increase, and after the ban expired murder rates actually went down nationwide. The states and cities with the most restrictive gun laws also have the highest rates of gun crimes; and Connecticut had some of the toughest laws of guns. In contrast, cities that have the more “liberal” gun laws such as, Kennesaw, Georgia, have lower rates of crime. Kennesaw has a law that says every homeowner must own a gun; and while this is not enforced, their crime rates are lower than the cities that surround Kennesaw. This law is the only real difference between the other cities, as there is no socioeconomic difference to explain the large difference in the crime rates. The fact that there is a very high chance that the person who you are going to commit a crime against is armed causes criminals to victimize the surrounding areas rather than take a chance at getting shot in Kennesaw. Contrary to popular belief, a lot of criminals have high I.Q’s and that is why they target areas where there will be the least resistance. If we want to stop gun violence, we need more armed law abiding citizens not less.
Americans have a long history of hunting and protecting property with firearms that are guaranteed under the 2ndamendment. The importance of the right to bear arms is illustrated by the fact that our founding fathers did not wait till the 6th or 9thamendments to add this right. They included this just after the freedom of speech, religion, and the press, the right to assemble and petition the government. This right was not just for hunting, or self-protection, as neither of these things are not even mentioned in the second amendment. But, the second amendment was enacted so that citizens would be able to overthrow a tyrannical government as is explicitly stated here “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” The Second Amendment was written to keep the power in the hands of the people. Its intent was to ensure that every person was able to take up arms and join other people to fight off tyrants, invaders, or unjustified insurrections. So, one could argue that the AR-15 and Ak-47 are the exact type of arms that the founding fathers had in mind. During World War II the Japanese debated invading the U.S., but Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese, stated “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." The fact that numerous law-abiding Americans own “assault rifles” will continue to deter any nation from ever daring to invade our country. However, if another nation has the gusto to try to invade, our rifle owning citizens will stand next to their military brothers to fight for freedom. Criminals will always find a way to commit their horrendous acts, and if you ban weapons that can be used to repel multiple assailants than you will leave good men and women vulnerable to the whims of the mentally deranged. If we restrict these rights then we are doing a disservice to the wishes of the men and women that fought and died to create and preserve this nation and our freedoms. Please stand with the founding fathers and law abiding gun owners and do not support a ban on “assault” rifles and high capacity magazines.*add alternate ending here*

Non-governmental Entities
* Please use your massive mailing lists and mobilize your lobbying efforts to combat this attempt to destroy our ability to ensure that we never end up living under a tyrannical unchecked government similar to North Korea. Do not let any more of our rights get trampled on in the name of expediency, and a false sense of security
Government Entities
* Please use both your vote and your ability to influence others to ensure that these measures do not become law. Do not let any more of our rights get trampled on in the name of expediency, and a false sense of security

find your house or reps member- http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
your senator- http://www.senate.gov/
midwayusa- contact CEO larrypotterfield@midwayusa.com
NRA legislative arm- https://www.nraila.org/secure/contact-us.aspx
gun broker- http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/SupportIssueNew.aspx
brownells- http://www.brownells.com/aspx/general/contact_us.aspx
national shooting sports foundation- http://www.nssf.org/industry/contactNSSF.cfm
Cabela’s- https://cabelas.custhelp.com/app/ask
the sportsman guide- http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/main/MailUs.aspx
cheaper than dirt- https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/shopcustcontact.aspx
midsouth shooter-mss@midsouthshooterssupply.com and/or comments@midsouthshooterssupply.com
lucky gunner- http://help.luckygunner.com/Main/frmNewTicket.aspx?InstanceID=e55593aa-c161-4aa3-b99e-5a5750152707
gun auction.com- Support@AuctionArms.com
and contact anyone else who you know would have influence or would be effected by this proposed gun ban.
emma ak40mag ar mag 004 (FILEminimizer).JPG

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Webb:

Thank you for writing me regarding the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. Your taking the time to contact me is appreciated.

I have always been and remain a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. While I am certain that the president's proposal is well-intentioned, it is Congress' responsibility to make sure that Americans' constitutional rights are protected. We must make certain that the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not unfairly impeded. I believe that the ability of sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety to own a gun, whether for sport or protection, is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised.

In response to recent tragic and high-profile acts of violence, there is a renewed focus on government regulation of guns. It is likely that Congress will soon have an extensive and detailed conversation about all of the potential causes of these crimes, including mental health issues, depictions of violence in television, movies, and video games, and firearms.

I know that dialogue regarding acts of violence will likely result in a wide range of legislative proposals seeking to address the underlying causes. As these pieces of legislation come before me in the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance to you in the future. In the meantime, if you would like to receive timely e-mail alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov.

I've written several different e-mails to our 2 Senators and Rep. Hank Johnson. I will continue to send more. Thanks for your letter, It allows me to be more of a pest than I already have been.

I'm pretty sure this is a form letter. This is the exact same wording of the last reply I've gotten from him.

Name: ******* WEBB

Address:***************,
City/State/Zip: COVINGTON, GA 30016 7192

E-mail: freedomwebb@hotmail.com
Telephone: 770********* Voice

Issue: GUN

Message Subject: 2nd Amendment rights
Message Text:
Dear Representative Johnson I implore you to please stand up for the second amendment rights of the many law abiding gun owners in this country and to honor the explicit wishes of our founding fathers. A ban on “assault rifles” and high capacity magazines will not stop a determined deranged person from using one of these weapons to go on a shooting spree. Millions of “assault” rifles are already in circulation. So, even if the ban is passed it will be nearly impossible to completely remove them from circulation. The last time the United States had an “assault” weapons ban the murder rate increase, and after the ban expired murder rates actually went down nationwide. The states and cities with the most restrictive gun laws also have the highest rates of gun crimes; and Connecticut had some of the toughest laws of guns. In contrast, cities that have the more “liberal” gun laws such as, Kennesaw, Georgia, have lower rates of crime. Kennesaw has a law that says every homeowner must own a gun; and while this is not enforced, their crime rates are lower than the cities that surround Kennesaw. This law is the only real difference between the other cities, as there is no socioeconomic difference to explain the large difference in the crime rates. The fact that there is a very high chance that the person who you are going to commit a crime against is armed causes criminals to victimize the surrounding areas rather than take a chance at getting shot in Kennesaw. Contrary to popular belief, a lot of criminals have high I.Q’s and that is why they target areas where there will be the least resistance. If we want to stop gun violence, we need more armed law abiding citizens not less. Americans have a long history of hunting and protecting property with firearms that are guaranteed under the 2ndamendment. The importance of the right to bear arms is illustrated by the fact that our founding fathers did not wait till the 6th or 9thamendments to add this right. They included this just after the freedom of speech, religion, and the press, the right to assemble and petition the government. This right was not just for hunting, or self-protection, as neither of these things are not even mentioned in the second amendment. But, the second amendment was enacted so that citizens would be able to overthrow a tyrannical government as is explicitly stated here “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” The Second Amendment was written to keep the power in the hands of the people. Its intent was to ensure that every person was able to take up arms and join other people to fight off tyrants, invaders, or unjustified insurrections. So, one could argue that the AR-15 and Ak-47 are the exact type of arms that the founding fathers had in mind. During World War II the Japanese debated invading the U.S., but Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese, stated “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." The fact that numerous law-abiding Americans own “assault rifles” will continue to deter any nation from ever daring to invade our country. However, if another nation has the gusto to try to invade, our rifle owning citizens will stand next to their military brothers to fight for freedom. Criminals will always find a way to commit their horrendous acts, and if you ban weapons that can be used to repel multiple assailants than you will leave good men and women vulnerable to the whims of the mentally deranged. If we restrict these rights then we are doing a disservice to the wishes of the men and women that fought and died to create and preserve this nation and our freedoms. Please stand with the founding fathers and law abiding gun owners and do not support a ban on “assault” rifles and high capacity magazines.Please use both your vote and your ability to influence others to ensure that these measures do not become law. Do not let any more of our rights get trampled on in the name of expediency, and a false sense of security.

This was sent to Hank Johnson

Last edited:
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX :

Thank you for contacting me about the individual right to bear a firearm enshrined in the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. I appreciate hearing your views on this important issue, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

You will be pleased to learn that I received an A rating from the National Rifle Association for the 112 th Congress (2011-2012). I have been a strong proponent of Second Amendment rights under the U.S. Constitution, so that law-abiding adults can exercise their Constitutional right to purchase and own firearms for the protection of their homes and families, collecting, target shooting, and hunting.

For example, I have been a sponsor of the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act. This legislation would permit any person with a valid concealed carry permit to carry a concealed firearm in any state that issues concealed firearm permits, or that does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms . I also have supported legislation which would roll back unnecessary restrictions and reform the operations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) . Finally, I strongly agree that the Second Amendment guarantees individual rights to own and use firearms as opposed to collective rights to do so.

Again, I greatly appreciate your contacting me about this matter. I trust that you will continue to share your thoughts with me on other matters of concern. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to call on me.

With warmest regards, I remain
Sincerely yours,

Sanford D. Bishop, Jr.
Member of Congress

I did them all a while ago and these are the only responces I could find....

Dear Mr. Brown :

Thank you for writing me regarding the right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. Your taking the time to contact me is appreciated.

I have always been and remain a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. While I am certain that the president's proposal is well-intentioned, it is Congress' responsibility to make sure that Americans' constitutional rights are protected. We must make certain that the rights and freedoms of law-abiding citizens are not unfairly impeded. I believe that the ability of sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety to own a gun, whether for sport or protection, is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised.

In response to recent tragic and high-profile acts of violence, there is a renewed focus on government regulation of guns. It is likely that Congress will soon have an extensive and detailed conversation about all of the potential causes of these crimes, including mental health issues, depictions of violence in television, movies, and video games, and firearms.

I know that dialogue regarding acts of violence will likely result in a wide range of legislative proposals seeking to address the underlying causes. As these pieces of legislation come before me in the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance to you in the future. In the meantime, if you would like to receive timely e-mail alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Brown :

Thank you for contacting me regarding our right to keep and bear arms according to the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution. I am glad that we agree when it comes to our Constitutional right to defend and protect ourselves and our loved ones from harm.

Our forefathers specifically stated in the 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Although this is one of the clearest mandates of freedom bestowed upon us by our Founding Fathers, there are still politicians and individuals who would like to see that right taken away.

I believe in a strict interpretation of the Constitution. As the Representative of the 7th District of Georgia, I will fight hard to make sure no politician comes between your right to keep and bear arms, and protect our families.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again if I can be of any further service in the future.

Sincerely,

Rob Woodall
Member of Congress

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Locklear,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding a federal assault weapons ban. It is good to hear from you.

First, let me say that the loss of innocent lives in the recent Connecticut shooting is a great tragedy and the actions of the shooter are reprehensible. As a father of three school-aged children, it is particularly painful to think about what the parents of the victims are going through.

In light of these horrific events, many have discussed legislative measures to address gun control, including a reinstatement of a federal assault weapons ban. As you may know, in 1994, Congress imposed a ten year ban on the possession, transfer, or manufacture of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices that are capable of holding more than 10 rounds that were not legally produced or possessed prior to September 13, 1994-the date of enactment. In 2004, the weapons ban expired, and while there has been legislation since then introduced both in the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate to reintroduce the weapons ban, none such bills have passed.

Furthermore, President Obama has stated that part of the solution to gun violence "is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced." As the elected leader of our nation, sworn to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, I find it unsettling for the president to so brazenly state that he would be in favor of limiting those constitutionally protected rights of our citizens. What's more is that Vice President Joe Biden stated on January 9, 2013 that the White House is considering using executive orders to implement new gun control measures. I believe that when the president's policies cannot pass Congress, it means the American people have rejected them. A White House order for new gun controls would be in clear defiance of the will of the people and our democratic process. As a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, I reject this threat from the White House and would support legislation to repeal any executive order that infringes on our right to keep and bear arms

Like you, I have concerns with any legislation that seeks to address crime not through punishing criminals, but through taking away the Second Amendment rights of law abiding gun owners in the 14th District and elsewhere. As a firearm owner myself, I am a strong advocate for gun owners across America. I assure you that as long as I have the privilege of serving you in Congress, I will not support executive actions or legislation that violates or restricts Americans' right to own and carry firearms.

As an advocate for gun rights, you may be pleased to know that I am a co-sponsor of the Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act. H.R. 58 was introduced by Representative Steve Scalise on January 5, 2011 and would allow firearms dealers to sell or deliver any firearms to a resident in another state and would allow licensed dealers to conduct business at gun shows in other states. This bill has been referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, of which I am not a Member, and no hearings were held.

Additionally, I am a co-sponsor of H.R. 822, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011. Introduced by Representative Cliff Stearns on February 18, 2011, this bill would provide a national standard for concealed carry permits in order to allow non-residents of a state to carry a concealed handgun, as long as they possess a valid concealed carry permit in another state. This bill is not to impede upon the states' right for determining their own concealed carry laws, nor does it apply to states that do not permit concealed firearms. This bill was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, of which I am not a Member, and a hearing was held on September 13, 2011.

During this hearing, David Kopel, a professor at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, testified that "H.R. 822 is consistent with the letter and the spirit of the 10th Amendment, and of principles of federalism." If you would like to read additional testimony or watch a video of this hearing, you can do so on the Committee's website www.judiciary.house.gov. As well, this bill passed in the U.S. House of Representatives, with my support, on November 16, 2011 by a vote of 272 &#8211; 154. Unfortunately, these bills did not pass both chambers of Congress in the 112th Congress. Please rest assured, I will always support legislation that upholds each American's right to keep and bear arms, and should any legislation come before me regarding gun ownership in the 113th Congress, I will be certain to keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me on this important matter. Your input helps me to better serve you in the U.S. House of Representatives. If I can be of any further service, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Tom Graves
Member of Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom