25 cent trigger job...

Any trick with these pistols to get the mag to drop out easier when fully loaded. Mine I have to push up on mag to release it. If empty its fine. Just a pain.

Any trick with these pistols to get the mag to drop out easier when fully loaded. Mine I have to push up on mag to release it. If empty its fine. Just a pain.

That almost sounds like you have an issue with the mag release itself. I don't think it's supposed to be that way. If it were me, my first step would be to contact Springfield. Too bad it's not a Glock. You could just drive right over there ;)

My mag release is a little stiff but all in all I have no issue releasing it. Maybe not run a topped off mag?

I did the same thing to my M&P9. Stoned a nice radius on the trigger bar and then rolled the chamfer over on the safety button till it had more of a round nose. Took every bit of grit out. I also shortened the safety button spring by a couple of coils.

My mag release is a little stiff but all in all I have no issue releasing it. Maybe not run a topped off mag?

Guy in my hunt camp has same issue. I guess I am used to GLocks. Same release pressure full or empty. Fingers getting weaker, but I literally can push easy when empty. Have to roll my hand around grip to push harder when its half full or full to get to release. If I put pressure upwards on mag, then the release is same as if empty.I guess I`ll give them a call and see if there is any fix. Thanks

Finally got the XDS45 to the range after the polish I did on it. Much better than before. Only two stages instead of three with a clean break at the end. I was much more accurate at 7 yards than my previous trip to the range.

I have been doing the full 25 cent trigger jobs on every Glock I have ever owned. Then I install a ghost trigger on them it really is amazing how big of difference it makes. I just believe lazy is in your dictionary sinnica84.

I have been doing the full 25 cent trigger jobs on every Glock I have ever owned. Then I install a ghost trigger on them it really is amazing how big of difference it makes. I just believe lazy is in your dictionary sinnica84.

LOL. Nah, I just didn't want to take apart the guts of the frame. Have you ever taken apart a XDS? It's about as irritating as having your pants full of pissed off yellow jackets.

Back
Top Bottom