60 yards...

Death by Selection

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
Spent alittle more time at the range today. Was feeling rough the other day when I went, but got her sighted in to 60 yards today and broadhead tuned. Im loving this bow! Got my side plates today also, but they were cut slightly wrong so I have to wait for a new set (they feel 10x better then the stock grip and I think are going to improve my shooting. The wind was above 10 MPH today, but I was still able to put this group together at 60 yards first one was between gust had alittle trouble with the next two...not my best but certainly not my worst either. Hopefully there will be alittle less wind next time so I can shrink this up alittle.

Attachments

• DSCF7302.jpg
    DSCF7302.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 109
Nice group at 60, man. Damn fine. I like those wraps. The black cock looks cool... err, the one black vane looks cool :D They look like they have a bit of helical, do they?

Just got my single pin sight, so I'll be spending this afternoon getting it sighted in.

lol yea they were fletched with a Bohning Helix (3 degree right helical) so far they are flying great. They steer these Phathead's awsome. The Flatline's are shooting great out of this thing also. Did you go with a slider or a real single pin? I was going to order an HHA DS-5019 for my Destroyer, but im a pretty big fan of the Black Gold with the pin wheel adjustment.

This thing is different then any other bow ive had. When im on the 3d range it's alot more forgiving. This is the first bow ive ever owned that shoot's over 300 so im still trying to get used to it. My pin gap is almost the same from 20-60 and ive got lot's of room in my houseing so im thinking about adding some more pins and going out alittle further.

Did you go with a slider or a real single pin? I was going to order an HHA DS-5019 for my Destroyer, but im a pretty big fan of the Black Gold with the pin wheel adjustment.

Yeah, it's a slider. It's not a brand name. I just kinda put it together myself. I got a sweet mount a while back, and I finally found a scope I like. Starting another thread about sights now...

My pin gap is almost the same from 20-60 and ive got lot's of room in my houseing so im thinking about adding some more pins and going out alittle further.

Ha, yeah, that's why I wanted a slider. Hoping to reach out to 90 with this one? :D

Here's what my pin gap was before and what it is now...it's alittle hard to tell the real difference in the pics. If my 20 pin was at the top of the housing then all five pins would only take up around half of my housing, but I like everything to be centered. I could still get atleast two more pins in here, but it will clog my sight picture when im in the woods.

I actually need to adjust my 50 and 60 pins up just a hair.

Attachments

• gap1.jpg
    gap1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 103
  • gap2.jpg
    gap2.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom