7.62 suppressors, weight, titanium, and etc

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
My next can is going to be a 7.62 can. I've had my eye on the 7.62 phantom Stainless Steel, but have been considering the Titanium for the weight savings. Problem is I hear it is not good to use Titanium on semiautomatic rifles since it will take on heat quickly and this can will also be my primary AR can in 5.56 and 300blk. So will 28oz be a ridiculous amount of weight on the end of my gun? Will titanium really be an issue on my semi auto guns? the weight savings are quite substantial with Titanium, but are the heat absorbing qualities bad enough to warrant avoiding it on a semi automatic platform? is the weight of the stainless can enough to warrant spending more for Titanium?

According to their website, all of YHM's cans are rated for full auto. So they should be fine for a semi auto. 15 ounces on the end of a gun sounds a lot better than 28 to me.

I run the standard 7.62 phantom and it is heavy on the end of a ar-15 on my ar-10 not so much. I love the fact that with the one can i run it on everything from 223,6.8,308, all the way to 300 ultra mag. It is one of the only can I have found rated for that. If I where buying today I would get the titanium.

All of them are gonna get real hot you should see a can with thermal after 20 rds or so.The yhm you also have to add the wt of the adapter it is not a direct thread so add a few more ounces to that .

Bleh...AAC

Honestly they need to pick up their act, they been behind on production ever since big guy took over, I guess they just don't need anymore money. Other than that, I think AAC is one of the best can out there yet.

AAC spent the first half of this year hiring, training and expanding. their facility is awesome. the YHM will work, weight is only an issue when POI is concerned. Ti cans have much less shift but dont take heat well. that being said if you can AVOID mag dumps then the Ti can will work just fine. i know some folks that hunt with the YHM stainless. as long as the shift is repeatable you are fine.

Back
Top Bottom