a little mosin help please

lilred06

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
anybody know who makes a good "scout mount" type rail for a 91/30? Tried googling it but couldn't come up with anything. Not looking to do any major gunsmithing, just a sorta bolt on rig. Also looking for a good long eye relief, somewhat quick aquisition optic. obviously nothing crazy expensive, paid $100 for the rifle, don't need a $100+ optic on it. What do you guys recommend? Thanks dudes!:rockon:

Personally, I would leave it like it is and shoot the **** out of it.

But you can pop the rear sight off, and under that is a 3/8" dovetail mount that a set of .22 rings fits great on.

nice man thanks for the info! yeah I got this one for a bit of a project I've been wanting to work on for a good while. Finally got the means and the time to do it so

Dirtbike, if there is only on dovetail then how can you do a set of rings? Is there a rail that would mount in it?

If your going to put a scope on a mosin nagant you are going to have to spend some money. I like you did NOT want to spend more money on optics than what the rifle is worth. I spent 60 bucks on a scope. 3 range visits later, it broke. Bought one after that for 150. It also broke soon after. After that I just bought a mosin nagant sniper with the original scope.

built a scout one time. none of the mounts held up under recoil. will cost more than its worth. not just mounts. mosin will beat a cheap scope to death.

Back
Top Bottom