• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Air purifiers?

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I need some advice on true air purifiers (anti-viral) for large areas. I have two spaces that used to be theaters that I'm boarding dogs at. "The Pup Hub". I want to start using purifiers to reduce the likelihood of airborne viruses being spread. We keep the place spotless, but that doesn't stop a sick dog that isn't showing symptoms from bringing something in. I've done a little research, but it's just enough to know that I don't know what I really need.

Any advice from folks that know what they're talking about?

Thanks

HEPA filters and UV is all I know that can catch or kill airborne viruses. Sounds really expensive keeping butt sniffers from getting exposed. You would almost need to isolate each dog in a washed down and sanitized solid wall enclosure, have fresh air coming in from outside, and negative draft out "contaminated" air with no recirculation.

Or do like other people do and put in a small affordable UV system and market the crap out of it whether it works or not.

Screenshot_20240118-131902.png

I have a Winix that I bought from Costco. I can’t tell myself if it does anything as far as air quality or catching airborne viruses but you’d be amazed at all the filth/dust it catches when I clean it!!

There's got to be some HVAC guys out there that know about this stuff.
I agree you need a professional opinion, You stated an 'old theater' , are you talking in the hundreds or thousands range of cubic feet. Any home unit is probably 1-2K sq ft. Also your needs, odor, airborne bacteria, etc. should be considered. I did some searches on ' commercial air purifiers' and got overwhelmed by the number of variables available. Maybe finding a manager of a local veterinary facility for ideas could help.

I ordered a couple of nice looking ones of Amazon, each supposedly good for up to 1500 sq Ft. I can’t tell the difference, but the old lady says it cuts way down on dust and if you look at the filter they do clean material from the air👍🏻

I agree you need a professional opinion, You stated an 'old theater' , are you talking in the hundreds or thousands range of cubic feet. Any home unit is probably 1-2K sq ft. Also your needs, odor, airborne bacteria, etc. should be considered. I did some searches on ' commercial air purifiers' and got overwhelmed by the number of variables available. Maybe finding a manager of a local veterinary facility for ideas could help.
All good advice and I ran into the same thing about being overwhelmed. That's why I started this thread. We have access to a kennel owner group on FB and the only thing we have gotten from them is a recommendation for a system that is no longer available. I don't think most places are concerned about it and they just accept dogs getting sick like a school when the kids have illness run through the students, but I hate it and want to do everything I can to prevent it.

Back
Top Bottom