Another custom creation

And the 90° bend test? Lol
You and your bend test. I'm doing a run of 6 right now. I will destroy one just for you! From what I've read up too you sacrifice some edge retention softening the metal enough to do that but I don't know. I'm still learning a ton. Anyway I'll post a YouTube video link to the test when I do it.

image.jpg
image.jpg

You and your bend test. I'm doing a run of 6 right now. I will destroy one just for you! From what I've read up too you sacrifice some edge retention softening the metal enough to do that but I don't know. I'm still learning a ton. Anyway I'll post a YouTube video link to the test when I do it.

View attachment 439294 View attachment 439296
I just like giving you a hard time about it. What I have seen suffices as quality steel, quality work, and damn fine gent. Keep up the good work!!

I will save every penny I can just so I can say I got a custom knife from 36fatfriends 36fatfriends !

I just like giving you a hard time about it. What I have seen suffices as quality steel, quality work, and damn fine gent. Keep up the good work!!

I will save every penny I can just so I can say I got a custom knife from 36fatfriends 36fatfriends !
Sweet! I am curious though if it will pass. I broke one a month ago that I ruined the grind on, but I only tempered it a single cycle for one hour at 375. All the ones I've been making and selling now have gotten 3 cycles at 400. I would be pretty happy to get 45 degrees out of one. If I ever needed to pry something and only had my knife I would be surprised if I could even bend it that far by hand. A 3/16" spine isn't easy without some extra leverage.

Sweet! I am curious though if it will pass. I broke one a month ago that I ruined the grind on, but I only tempered it a single cycle for one hour at 375. All the ones I've been making and selling now have gotten 3 cycles at 400. I would be pretty happy to get 45 degrees out of one. If I ever needed to pry something and only had my knife I would be surprised if I could even bend it that far by hand. A 3/16" spine isn't easy without some extra leverage.
Vice, length of pipe and safety glasses. Boom! Solved

Back
Top Bottom