• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another local armed robbery...

I stopped by the martial arts school today to drop off some fans to help dry the water damage. They have all the carpeting and padded floor pulled up, and will be cutting out the bottom several inches of drywall in the next few days.

My son is a brown belt at this location.

Here is a pic from inside Town Lake CKD:

I spoke to one of the employees who was at Play N Trade during the robbery. The power was off to the building when they arrived to work. Two employees were locked in a back room for several minutes by what sounded like several people, one who had a gun. Then the door was opened and they were told "Run." They were slipping in gasoline as they ran for the door, then ran down to the Taco Bell down the street.

The owner of the store arrived and saw his employee's vehicle parked in the front and the store on fire. He ran into the burning building to get his employees out, not knowing that they had run from the armed burglary. He ran to the back rooms, checking for people, then ran out the front door and was rolling in the parking lot, trying to put himself out. This guy is one brave man, who put his employees' safety above his own.

He is in Grady's burn center with burns to his legs, arms, and hands. He is undergoing surgery on his hand tomorrow.

I don't know if there is a donation site set up yet, but I will update this post when I find out.

The business is severely damaged in the back room by fire, and the store front with water damage. There are several employees who are now out of work. If you are the praying type, please keep these folks in your prayers. It's awful that this has happened to these guys. My kids are frequent customers and have always been treated so nicely by everyone there.

This is the second armed robbery on Towne Lake Parkway/Eagle Drive in Woodstock in the several months. The last one was the Chick-fil-a down the street. The burbs ain't what they used to be, or so it would seem. I agree JBum, prayers for a speedy recovery for the local business man.

The martial arts school re-opened today. I will try to get an update on Troy's recovery when I pick my son up from class this evening.

A couple of local businesses have established a fund raiser for Troy. If you can, please try to help out our neighbors. Donate and post the link to your Facebook page and other local forums.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/5c7D0

I dropped my son off tonight for his class and noticed a couple of employees sitting in front of Play N Trade with a hand written sign "Open - Cash Only". We are getting together a few of the kids' games that they don't play anymore and going to drop them off as a donation.

Also, Donovan's Irish Cobbler is having Oktoberfest this Saturday, which includes a silent auction to help Troy during his recovery. Donovan's is a kick ass Irish Pub that my wife and I frequented often before all of this happened. They have made a customer for life after showing this much support for another local owned business.

http://woodstock.patch.com/groups/e...er-for-troy-brazelton?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

Maybe old news but I just read there were two armed robberies about a mile away from house in the Crabappple section of.Alpharetta. One at my bank and one at my drug store. And it wasn't me , they caught the guy.

Back
Top Bottom