• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Antler catcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawja clay

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
24   0
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with building a shed catcher over a feeding trough? I placed 2 inch chicken wire over a feeding station in hopes of getting sheds later this month. I will remove the wire in early March so not to damage new growing antlers.

I will post results in the weeks to come. We have switched from corn to high protein deer feed until June.

I would think that if they didn't fall of naturally, it would be damaged and that side would be deformed from then on. And by naturally I mean not getting hung in a fence at the dinner table.

The wire is up with bungee cords and its 2 inch wire. From what I read this setup will not damage the antlers if they are ready to drop. The dinner table is not to hunt over its there to supplement food plots during the winter so the does produce heathy fawns in June.

I would just be more worried about breaking them off before they were ready. Then you would be risking some jacked up horns on otherwise healthy bucks. Then again maybe not, never heard of anyone doing this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom