Any current or former Warrant Officers in the Army (Aviation)?

I need 1-2 CW5's apparently. The rest should be people I've known for years. The purpose of the CW5 is so he/she can asses the character of the applicant given their experience in the field (like any job really). May have to take out some ad time on the radio.

I need 1-2 CW5's apparently. The rest should be people I've known for years. The purpose of the CW5 is so he/she can asses the character of the applicant given their experience in the field (like any job really). May have to take out some ad time on the radio.

that is not true. It helps but not required. review this website and talk with different recruiters.
http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/

Im not a pilot in the Army but I tried to get into WOFT several times. The main thing is that you have to have a PERFECT background. (no medical issues AT ALL, never been in legal trouble EVER...etc) A 4yr college degree is not technically required but nowadays its pretty much an unwritten rule. Also, I wouldn't put in a packet until you have some prior flight experience. (a few dozen flight hours may cut it but a private pilot's license would be best). Study religiously for your ASVAB and AFAST. There are guides you can buy at amazon and practice tests you can take online. The letters of recommendation should be the last step to polish a packet that is already very impressive. They won't get you anywhere by themselves.

All branches of the military are currently overfilled and the govt is cutting budgets left and right. They are looking for reasons to disqualify people right now and there is really no such thing as a waiver anymore. I know your recruiter will probably tell you that he can get a waiver for anything, but trust me in the end it probably won't happen or he will try to get you to sign up for a different MOS "just for a while until you can transfer". Don't believe it. WOFT packets take a lot of time and effort on his end and it is going to be much easier for him to convince you to sign up for some other job if he already has a rapport with you when something comes up and suddenly you don't qualify for flight training. If you want to get into a highly desirable program like WOFT, you can't just meet their requirements. You have to make a packet that is so spectacularly awesome that they would be stupid not to select you.

I wish you the best of luck. If it doesn't work out, do like I did and pursue a civilian career as a pilot. Flying is the most addictive drug in the world and once you become a pilot you will never find any greater joy in life than being in the air. Its expensive, but if you want to do it as a career then PM me and I can get you started.

Last edited:
As an update to what streetroc said, the AFAST is no more, now is the SIFT test
These are the sections that were posted on KiowaPilots.

"●ASTB Cognitive Scales (without “Aviation/Nautical Info”)
• Math -Verbal Test (MVT)
• Mechanical Comprehension Test (MCT)
• Spatial Apperception Test (SAT)
●Army Aviation Information Test
●Perceptual Speed and Accuracy Test (2 subtests)
-Hidden Figures and Simple Drawings"

Back
Top Bottom