• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Ford techs (Grand Marquis window issue)

TREYM

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
91   0
Reaction score
I bought a 96 Grand Marquis to drive to work. Only 70k miles from a little ole lady that only drove to church and grocery store. Anyway. The RF regulator is out. I have all rivets out but the motor is completely broken off the regulator.
I cannot figure out how to get the window down to remove the rivets from it. It is like the regulator is stuck in the up position. I have removed the upper nuts but cannot get anything to move. Any ideas. Thanks.

I just have not found a way to release the window from the up position. It is still under pressure from the regulator. I cannot get to the rivets to drill them out.
I wish it were bolted together and I could unbolt it. It will be bolted back together instead of rivets.

I've replaced many of these. Never had one stuck where I couldn't either remove the motor in the door to release the tension or hack saw the regulator in half. If the cable is tight, try cutting the cable. The rivets are a pain but if you take your time, you will get it out.

I never thought about cutting the regulator. when I opened it up and drilled out the rivets the motor came
out with the cables attached. now that I think about it a minute I guess the real issue is the window is stuck up.
It will not allow me enough room to push the upper studs into the door to remove the upper part. I may try breaking the studs
off.

I found my issse. I broke off the upper studs and was able to move the regulator down some. I found a sheet metAL screw that someone put in to keep the window up. Took it out and of course it started to rain. Thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom