Anybody have luck this weekend?

oldmetlfan

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
47   0
Reaction score
I spent 3 hours out, but only saw 3 squirrels and a rabbit. Might have been good for stew, but not what I was after.

Did somebody send the deer an email that it was muzzleloader season? They all seem to have gone nocturnal over the past week.

Saw 2 coyotes, 2 owls, 10 +/- squirrels, 2 raccoons, and 3 deer yesterday morning and had a shot at everything but the deer. Yesterday evening I saw 2 deer and a few squirrels and still no good shot.:mad: I will kill something before the seasons over though.

I shot my first deer yesterday with a muzzle loader, 7 point buck. It was not huge or anything, but my first with a smokepole, and I stalked him down on an open field from 200 yards to 50 for a one shot deal closer.

My 12 year old shot a big doe at 130 yards. We tracked it drop by drop for over a mile. Ever once did we see any sign of if stopping. Ever found it. But my son is a damn good tracker now.

Big bright full moon Friday night....didn't expect to see anything. Had about a 160 lb doe stop 5 yds in front of my stand but could get up to make a bow shot because she had a litte 70 lb doe trailing her that was waiting to bust me. Only good news was that the scent eliminator was working because she never knew I was there.

seen a lil o spike saturday mornin ,,,,,,, or should I say ................I seen his head an half of his neck ...lol

couldnt get a shot on the lil fella tho ;[

Back
Top Bottom