• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone know anything about this seemingly rare Dalton auto knife?

Sam03

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
59   0
Reaction score
Hi Traders:
I typically spend my digital time over in firearms, where I know next to nothing. Well, I know less than that about knives. Recently, I was given a knife. It was given to me by one of these knife collectors that has a wooden chest with drawers lined with velvet. Open a drawer and knives, LOTS of expensive knives, magically appear. Cool guy, cool knives, long story.... :)

Anyway, what I would do to a nice knife would be a sacrilege to collectors. I have tried to find something out about this knife. Here is what I know from him and what little I can discover and see: It is an automatic Rob Dalton with slotted blade; it has a unique firing mechanism-a type of thumb switch on the BACK of the knife (see pics) that, when operated, fires this thing open like a cannon; the handle might be etched G-10, but really have no idea. It is in pristine condition with almost no scratches on blade or anywhere else; Dalton knife sites, even collector sites, do not have this model in their archives;

So, knife traders, can you assist me? I am planning to sell this to feed my pistol addiction. I don't want to give it away, but also don't want to be unfair on the price. If I even think that I'm taking advantage of someone, I'll just keep it. Conversely, I do have this addiction.... :) Let me know if you have information. Thanks and stay safe out there! 20130829_163654.jpgDalton knife open.jpg20130829_163654.jpgDalton knife open.jpg

Oh my gosh! I found some information. It is called the Jackal. It was limited production run in a variety of finishes. From a collector's site and slightly changed:"Old Discontinued Dalton Knife "Black D/A JACKAL" , can be opened manually or automatically. Handle is black anodized aluminum with silver disc and a machined pattern on both sides. Blade has 3 cut-outs for easy one-hand opening. Liner lock secures blade in open position and is easy to close with one hand. Removable pocket clip. Standard hard-hitting action like all Daltons and uses unique coil spring action. The only production double action Dalton's ever made. "

Features:
Blade Material: ATS-34 Stainless Steel
Handle Material: Anodized T-6 Aluminum
Blade Length: 3-1/4"
Closed Length: 4-3/4"
Weight: 4.2 oz

Our low Internet price only $425.00
Old Discontinued Dalton Pocket Knives

Thank you to those who have viewed this in hopes of assisting. Now to set a reasonable price in other forum with cash and/or trade options.

Back
Top Bottom