• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR15 - Maintenance, Setup, Tactics & Use, Saturday 7/9, TruPrep Marietta

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
2.5 hour workshop. Sign up here: http://truprep.com/store/classes/firearm-and-defense/everything-about-ar15-workshop.html

The AR-15 has become the most popular defensive carbine in America. The system's modularity allows it to be customized to meet the unique needs of its owner. The vast number of options and accessories available for the weapon make gear selection difficult for those new to the platform. Even those familiar with the AR-15 have a hard time keeping up with the constant stream of new products, tactics, and training available. This course is designed for everyone: those shopping for their first AR-15 trying to make sense of all the acronyms and specifications, the novice looking for tips on maintenance and lubrication, and the old pro looking for the latest information on gear development and tactics advice.

This course covers:

• Field stripping, maintenance, cleaning, and proper lubrication
  • Specifications to look for when selecting a carbine or rifle
  • Gear selection including stocks, grips, forward grips, slings, rails, magazines, ammunition, flashlights, flashlight mounts, optics, and back up sights
  • Proper carbine setup and operation (charging, reloading, malfunction clearance, etc)
  • Proper grips, stances, and shooting positions
  • Deploying the AR-15 in defensive use scenarios
Examples of specific topics covered include:

• Comparison of pistol, carbine, mid-length, and rifle gas systems
  • 1/3 versus absolute co-witness of sights
  • Advantages and disadvantages of 1, 2, and 3-point slings
  • Proper sight in distance for a defensive carbine
  • Mil-spec versus commercial receiver extensions, buffer weights, 6061 versus 7075 Aluminum, etc
  • .223 Remington versus 5.56 NATO chambers and ammunition
  • 1:7" versus 1:9" barrel twist rate
Note: The instructor will have an AR-15 style rifle for demonstration purposes so you do not need to bring a rifle to the workshop.

Instructor: Rob Sheppard is the owner and chief instructor of Precision Applications, LLC, a full-line firearms and tactics training company. Prior to starting Precision Applications, Shep was a Scout/Sniper in the
United States Marine Corps and a SWAT Sniper for the Marietta Police Department. In addition to holding instructor certifications for a wide selection of firearms types, Shep is also an instructor for Use of
Force, Team/Individual Tactics, and Less Lethal. Shep is currently employed in a law enforcement capacity with the Department of Homeland Security.

You should make a discount if someone does both...

You'll have to talk to TruPrep about that. They collect the money.

$40 for 5 hours of training is cheap. The minimum I usually charge for my live-fire classes is $200 for an 8hr class, which works out to $25/hr.

Time spent training other folks is time spent away from my family. If I don't place value on my time, no one will.

Back
Top Bottom