best style arrow rest for hunting??

xGAxBlueChip

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
6   0
Reaction score
I'm new to the archery world and I have a quick question for the more experienced minds out there...

My Assassin came with a octane hostage rest which has worked alright for my practice but I wondered which style rest is best for hunting.

I know I don't want a whisker biscuit but I'm not sure what advantages and disadvantages there are to drop ways and launcher rest.

I have heard that if drop away rest don't drop faster than your arrow than they aren't doing you any good in which case how do you know your getting a rest that will drop fast enough??? I haven't heard anything about launchers but If some one could give me some pros and cons of both I would really appreciate it..

thanks

Last edited:
Drop away 100%. I've used a Trophy Ridge since 2006 but I have been considering a QAD because they have a capture system meaning if you turn your bow sideways or upside down it won't fall off the rest. But a drop away is the way to go, anything that touches your arrow when in flight is gonna affect your accuracy. All quality drop aways are going to drop before your fletching (feathers or vanes) gets to it. Personally, I hate launchers. Launchers are a pain to tune and also like I said ANYTHING that touches the arrow WILL AFFECT the accuracy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom