Body Armor

Not crazy at all man. I do the same damn thing everywhere we go with seating and so forth. Reading through my posts, I may have came on too strong. I just don't like dissuading armed people willing to defend themselves from taking action because the stakes are high, and odds may be against them. I feel like CCWs vigilance and willingness to fight is the only reasonable deterrent these psychos might face short of placing armed security in every structure in America. We are our own protection. We have to be.
It's cool bro. I'm just very protective of my girlfriend. I know when to shoot and when not to. I think about every situation before I walk into it. I sit by the door, I face the door and I don't go to places with large crowds. My girlfriend never understood this til yesterday. I know how crazy people are. If I had a clean shot you can bet I'll take it. Not many chances for a clean shot could be made there.... So if I could flee I would without hesitation.

Many good points here but no absolutes! If I was in the back of the theater with my wife I most likely would have gotten out. If I was in the front row with my wife, he would have had a fight as we're both armed and highly trained. There are a lot of choices in between. But those that are SURE that it couldn't be done need to stop filling their safe with more guns and pony up cash for training and ammo. We're lucky enough to live in N. GA where one of the most elite shooting schools in the WORLD is. This is not a commercial but I live in Ellijay and have been through Bill Rogers program 2x's. (first time 2 guys from Austrailia had come and the 2nd a fellow from Germany) The program is designed for head shots that are exposed from cover for anywhere between .5 and 1.75 seconds at distances from contact to 25yds. Speaking from experience with the quality of shooters going through the program (that actually pass) most could pull off the head shot weak handed at 0-15 yards with a decent probability. With 2 hands in a stressful situation most Rogers graduates (that maintain their skills) would hit with almost certainty. Just my factual observation! Now my opinion is such that this killer didnt want a FIGHT, he wanted to gun down sheep. I say this because he gave up to police. So had a sheepdog or wolf been among the sheep in the theater this guy might have laid down at the first sign of resistance as he wanted to KILL not DIE. I'll reccomend two books, Meditations on Violence and On Killing that go into great detail of the human psy. and ritual toward violence that help with tactical thinking. Oh that the sheep comment on the people in the theater is just a metaphor and in no way is meant to judge or demean.

i practice 1.5" targets with a .45 cal. as far away as possible... anything less is too much of a risk in today's society. You want that first shot to count. 9mm rounds won't reliably penetrate a car windshield, which is why LE has upgraded to .40. The idea is to be proficient enough with your weapon, speed and shot placement to take body armor out of the equation.

i practice 1.5" targets with a .45 cal. as far away as possible... anything less is too much of a risk in today's society. You want that first shot to count. 9mm rounds won't reliably penetrate a car windshield, which is why LE has upgraded to .40. The idea is to be proficient enough with your weapon, speed and shot placement to take body armor out of the equation.

wow you sound like an expert.

Ummmm.....wrong!

I wonder what the Colorado shooter would have done if someone jus fired a pistol into the ceiling. The POS obviously didn't want to get hurt or die. He very well might have heard the shots and ran.
Just a guess.

This is true. If the soft ballistics areequilivant to or is NIJ Level 3a it will protect against 44mag and sig357 amd lower. All mil armor is equil to and all leos armor is up to 3 or 3a.

Back
Top Bottom