Bolt trouble with a Winchester 121D

Triathloncoach

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
201   0
Reaction score
I have a Winchester 121D that worked fine. Before I decided to take the stock and bolt off for a cleaning. Now that it's back together the bolt moves as it should but I did something and now it won't fire. The trigger moves smoothing back and forth but there is no click when I pull the trigger. Maybe I engeged the safety, but it won't disengage so the firing pin won't fire.

Photos added 10/15

121a.jpg121d.jpg121b.jpg121c.jpg

Last edited:
The firing pin may be pushed forward. I did need to remove a screw to remove the bolt and that may have been the cukprit. The bolt moves freely .

Is it cocking the bolt or is the firing pin forward?

I added photos. That wire protruding in the 3rd and 4th photos looks like it shouldn't be sticking out, but I am not sure where it goes. I also don't know the correct position for the small lever held in place by the screw that the wire is wrapped around. Also there are two clips on the bolt, are they positioned correctly.

I'm sorry but the pics don't help me. I looked at a schematic (Numrich) but the quality was poor and I'm a bit baffled at just how the bolt is cocked. Until I can figure it out I'm just wandering around.

If it's not cocking then understanding as just how it cocks the spring/pin is critical to solving this challenge.

I did check and it seems the bolt head is screwed on/threaded. Insure you didn't unscrew it a turn or two in the process.

It also has an automatic safety but I'm not sure how that works either, but know it must be undone to fire the gun each and every shot.

Play with it out of the stock and see if the that spring position has an effect on function too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom