• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Broadhead recommendation

www.cabelas.com_cabelas_en_content_Item_41_74_78_i417478sn02.jpg

I used to use muzzys and loved them.

I started using mechanicals two seasons ago and had devastating results with schwackers.
They really open up an incredible wound channel and nothing is walking away from a hit and you know you hit the deer when it opens up upon impact and makes the distinctive "schwack" noise.
It may run but not far if you hear that sound.

It hit one that quartered away from me while at a slow trot.
It opened up the entire side of the left body and exited the opposite chest while penetrating the heart and lungs.......devastating.

I've had two spine shots, one at the base of the neck dead center from above while grazing, dropped dead in its tracks.
The arrow lodged inside the body hitting both lungs and nicking heart.......had to careful reaching in there during field strip of the animal.

Another spine shot from the side, dropped a buck instantly....it ducked my string from a 40 yard lung shot.

Several other strikes from double lung and heart shots.

The only bad thing I can say about schwackers is that you get tired of purchasing them as they do get damaged when they hit bone but every now and then you can retrieve one intact but rare.

Excalibur crossbow with 100 grain schwackers.
Specs call for heavier grain tips but I haven't had any issue with them with accuracy during practice or when doing their job in the field.

I need to get some lighted nock arrows this year so I can find the darn things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom