• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Century Romy built WASR3 extraction issues - HELP

smokymtnsmoke

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
91   0
Reaction score
This gun has made it's way back to me and after giving it some love at the range it seems the problem is that it is not extracting the fired round and therefore shoving the next round into the un-extracted case. After tearing down the gas block to ensure the gas port was good and the alignment was good there my attention turned to the bolt and the extractor. I had my saiga .223 to compare to and noticed the WASR3 extractor was very easy to move/wiggle but the Saiga extractor was very hard to push back. So now I'm thinking that the WASR3 needs a new extractor spring as its weak and that's why the fired case is not being removed from the camber.

SO all that to ask, are ALL AK extractor springs the same? Where is a preferred source? Should I replace the extractor as well? This one looks fine but is there a better made extractor?

Thanks again for the help.

You can take the extractor spring out and give a pull...see if you can extend it out a little bit. It may not be the "answer" for the long haul, but if you stretch it a little and it makes your occurrences less frequent at least you'll know you are on on the right path.

"new" extractor springs usually cover all models and nationalities in 762x39. Brownells has got them for 7.99 + shipping or so.

Thanks Bill. this WSAR-3 is a .223 - I've searched pretty hard all day and I have yet to find anything on extractors or extractor springs that is specifically for a .223. I've asked on a few forms and searched all the gun boards with no real luck. I've found plenty of other who have had the same issue I'm having with this rifle but no one has posted any solutions beyond clean it. Trust me this thing is clean.

Even all the AK parts websites only list items for 7.62 or the 5.45's but nothing for 5.56/.223. Am I just blind or am I not looking in the right place to order these?

Back
Top Bottom