Cobb Commissioners about to spend $1.2m to 'secure' their offices

That was really disappointing to see.

I'll give credit to Ott for at least bringing up the fact that these upgrades would mean the building would be a 'no guns' zone even if he then went ahead and voted for it.

Mr. Weatherford danced around the subject, but Ms. Birrell's response was typical Bloomberg... that by having a deputy out front and putting up 'no guns' signs, they would somehow be safe from 'active shooters'.

Am I correct in that if they had a private security guard instead of a sheriff's deputy they could not override HB60?

Since the only duty the deputy would have would be to check people in an out, it seems like a waste of a full-time LEO.

I don't know the commissioners in Cobb but honestly I find it surprising. I might be fooling myself but I find it hard to believe it would have been unanimous in Gwinnett. I personally know one of the commissioners and it's inconceivable that he'd have voted for such idiocy and likely would have berated his cohorts if it ever came to vote.

Am I correct in that if they had a private security guard instead of a sheriff's deputy they could not override HB60?

Since the only duty the deputy would have would be to check people in an out, it seems like a waste of a full-time LEO.

The law says at least member of security must be POST certified. Yes it's a waste of an officer, and it wastes citizen's time. Plus by blaming this on HB60 it makes some citizens resent the law.

Back
Top Bottom