• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cop says Gimme that baby 👍💕👍

jim2.jpg

I know this isn't about what I'm about to make it about, but man, some of these YouTube channels are just mindless sub-farming dopamine boosters. "If you think she is one of the best police officers in the world, subscribe." As if subscribing to this channel is, in any way, going to affirm this female LEO. And further more, your entire channel is taken content from other places. Not a single unique, created thing. Just videos of things other people are doing. And you're asking for subs....and you're getting them.

One day my nine year old daughter snuck her way into the TV room and watched about 15 or so minutes of unsupervised YouTube. I'm signed in to the TV. I notice, later that night, that a lot of my suggestions are weird and kid-oriented. I then check my subs and have 42 new channels on the list...42 in 15 minutes. I asked her about it and she said that the people in the video said to "Click that subscribe button." So she did. :doh:

In before the old man yells at clouds pics....because, well, I'm at least that self-aware.

I know this isn't about what I'm about to make it about, but man, some of these YouTube channels are just mindless sub-farming dopamine boosters. "If you think she is one of the best police officers in the world, subscribe." As if subscribing to this channel is, in any way, going to affirm this female LEO. And further more, your entire channel is taken content from other places. Not a single unique, created thing. Just videos of things other people are doing. And you're asking for subs....and you're getting them.
This is the part that got me. It makes her a good human being or maybe a good mother. She could still well be a **** cop. Has nothing to do with her skills as a LEO.

This is the part that got me. It makes her a good human being or maybe a good mother. She could still well be a **** cop. Has nothing to do with her skills as a LEO.
Right, but that's what drives the "subs." Simple-minded followers. I mean, obviously she's the best cop on the planet. She nursed a malnourished baby. Duh. Did you get your booster yet?

It takes intellectual nuance and subtly to distinguish between her maternal and policing roles, and then to further recgonize that the two could, in fact, be at odds with each other even in the same person. She could, easily, be a wonderful mother and an awful police(wo)man. But person who is able to think on that level is not someone who is going to be swayed to "smash that like button," though.

Back
Top Bottom