• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

DDM Shortstroking

Sheepdog

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
34   0
Reaction score
I need advice on why my Daniel Defense is short stroking. I bought the gun brand new about two months ago and when I first took it out, I shot about 80 rounds flawlessly through it. Tonight I Whento to the range again to adjust my eotec and it would shortstoke on every magazine and fail to lock back on last round. I'm using pmc, just as I used the first time... I cleaned it well after it was shot and lubed everything back up with some clp. So what could be the problem of why it is doing this.
-Hunter

I have read somewhere that DD optimizes their gas port for 5.56 military ammo.

Supposedly, the port is a very slight amount smaller to allow a little less gas through-as the 5.56 military stuff is loaded to a little higher pressure than most factory .223.

-First, I would try some of that federal green tip 5.56 rather than .223 (if that is what you are using.) May solve your troubles.

I will try that but my buddy bought one about a month ago and he shoots pmc all day no problems. They are both ddm4 v4 carbine length. His is the newer model but essentially it is the same gun just made one moths newer than mine.

My DD eats everything you feed it...5.56, .223, MFS, Monarch Steel, M193, etc. If something simple isnt evident Id send it back to DD. They'll send you a call tag and fix it.

I will try that but my buddy bought one about a month ago and he shoots pmc all day no problems. They are both ddm4 v4 carbine length. His is the newer model but essentially it is the same gun just made one moths newer than mine.

I bet that will fix your issues.

Maybe once the springs get broken in and such, it will shoot the PMC just fine also. I forget where I read about the gas port being a little smaller, but it seems to happen once in a while with these rifles. They are great guns-you will enjoy yours!

You need to contact DD Customer Service about the issue. Have them take care of it for you. It is one of the reasons you paid a nice chunk of change for that rifle. Their customer service is very good.

Read this thread over on M4Carbine.net for details about another problematic DDM4. There was a gas leak in the bolt carrier group that no one could diagnose.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=111788

Good luck.

Last edited:
You need to contact DD Customer Service about the issue. Have them take care of it for you. It is one of the reasons you paid a nice chunk of change for that rifle. There customer service is very good.

Read this thread over on M4Carbine.net for details about another problematic DDM4. There was a gas leak in the bolt carrier group that no one could diagnose.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=111788

Good luck.

This. Paying that kind of dough for a gun... it will have or should have a great customer service base. Call um up!

Run 500 rounds of mil spec ammo through the it to break it in, lube it well and I bet it will run fine on pmc, steel cased ammo, etc.

Just to be sure, check the gas key on your bcg to be sure it's not loose. If all else fails, call DD. They will definitely take good care of you.

I need advice on why my Daniel Defense is short stroking. I bought the gun brand new about two months ago and when I first took it out, I shot about 80 rounds flawlessly through it. Tonight I Whento to the range again to adjust my eotec and it would shortstoke on every magazine and fail to lock back on last round. I'm using pmc, just as I used the first time... I cleaned it well after it was shot and lubed everything back up with some clp. So what could be the problem of why it is doing this.
-Hunter

It's not a PSA? :behindsofa:

Back
Top Bottom