Deringer Philada

fireguzzi

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
75   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I asked in the firearms chat and got no response but maybe I shoulda asked around here.
Im just trying to get any info on this little guy I picked up.
It says deringer philada on top of the barrel. And a number underneath the forcing cone. And another number on the butt of the gun. Numbers in all places are kinda hard to read.
It is chambered in 22 short. It functions but I haven't shot it.
There are no other markings on it at all.
Any info at all would be cool. Thanks
DSC_0064 1.jpgDSC_0065 1.jpgDSC_0070 1.jpgDSC_0074 1.jpg

Thanks Flammen, I have seen this and that's about the best info I've gotten so far. I appreciate ya taking the time to help out. Just not a lot of thorough info out there on the internet for these I guess.
I even wrote to the editor in Guns and Ammo Magazine who does the ID and values section. I haven't heard back from him yet though. Maybe he is waiting to put me in the magazine! lol Im pretty excited about it at any rate. It's been fun playing detective even if I do suck at it. lol

You have a Deringer 22 Caliber Pocket revolver, Second Model. This is the more common model, about 6,500 made in the mid to late 1870's. Your appears to be missing the ejecting rod that was located under the barrel. Neat little pistols.

Thanks antique. Yeah I didn't know anything about it when I picked it up but realized the ejector was missing once I started doing research on it. Glad to know the official title of it now too. I appreciate you sharing the knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom