Double down in Cobb county

Years ago at my bosses farm in Spalding. I had 5 come in the pasture below me. I was 30 feet up. Rifle mind you. Only 2 left the field. Each time they would run in circles wondering what was going on. They made it too easy.Concrats on the kills

Congrats on some fine shooting!

I had a chance to double down last year with my rifle. I hunt some pretty thick stuff, and I did a buck grunt to see if I could stir something up. Well as soon as I hit it, two "does" blasted right out in front of me, and ran around in a circle behind me and stopped. I could see enough of the top 1/2 of both to take a shot so I picked one and fired. The one I hit ran off and crashed a few seconds later. The other just dropped down on the ground.

Since I had hit my meat quota for the year with that kill, I just watched the other one. It eventually got up and walked right under me, and it was then that I saw it was a button buck and not a doe. I knew right then, the other one was most likely a button buck, and it turned out to be one. I am glad I hit my meat quota and did not shoot the other one because that would have been a violation and cost me some sort of fine I believe. :)

Back
Top Bottom