Drop in Quad Rail for DPMS DR-10

I've never seen the sort of handguard that you're looking for to fit an AR10, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Some searching may produce one.

Are you wanting to keep the A2 fixed front sight?
Not necessarily. Would I just be looking for a mid length AR10 gas block? Is there various diameters I should be looking for? And finally are there options for handguards/gas blocks combos that won't require me to remove the barrel but? I have a re-acrion rod for AR-15 but I can't imagine that will work for the AR10 platform.

Found a pic of it
This is with UTG drop in.
IMG_3972.jpeg

This is after Free floating rail.

IMG_4014.jpeg

Not necessarily. Would I just be looking for a mid length AR10 gas block? Is there various diameters I should be looking for? And finally are there options for handguards/gas blocks combos that won't require me to remove the barrel but? I have a re-acrion rod for AR-15 but I can't imagine that will work for the AR10 platform.

My recommendation is to remove the A2 front sight/gas block/sling swivel/bayonet lug, trim off the A-frame of the front sight, the bayonet lug, and the sling swivel, clean it up, shape it, blacken it, and reinstall.

The gas block that you have is double-tapered pinned, which is the most rugged setup you can get. Trim off what ya don't need, and it'll tuck right under a low profile rail. I do this mod in the shop all the time.

You can do it with an angle grinder and a file. I use an angle grinder for the cutting and rough shaping, then clean it up on a belt sander.

The reaction rod for the AR10 is different than the one for the AR15.

Here’s a reshaped A2 front sight I did, to fit under a low profile rail.

IMG_1022.jpeg

My recommendation is to remove the A2 front sight/gas block/sling swivel/bayonet lug, trim off the A-frame of the front sight, the bayonet lug, and the sling swivel, clean it up, shape it, blacken it, and reinstall.

The gas block that you have is double-tapered pinned, which is the most rugged setup you can get. Trim off what ya don't need, and it'll tuck right under a low profile rail. I do this mod in the shop all the time.

You can do it with an angle grinder and a file. I use an angle grinder for the cutting and rough shaping, then clean it up on a belt sander.

View attachment 6674300
Excellent! I have a lot of decent tools to shape and smooth it out.
Since I'll still have the delta ring (thanks for reminding me of the name JekyllTidesFisher3181 JekyllTidesFisher3181 ) what handguards should I consider then?

View attachment 6674300
I have done the same mod/install, super easy, just take your time.🤘🏻🤘🏻

Excellent! I have a lot of decent tools to shape and smooth it out.
Since I'll still have the delta ring (thanks for reminding me of the name JekyllTidesFisher3181 JekyllTidesFisher3181 ) what handguards should I consider then?

You can scrap the entire delta ring assembly, and go with any handguard you want. A new rail usually comes with a new barrel nut, as they are proprietary and/or rail-specific.

Back
Top Bottom