Egyptian Maadi? Good or bad? Value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
I have the chance, hopefully, to get an Egyptian Maadi AK-47. Never had an AK before and know absolutely nothing about them or what to look for. Anyway, finally have the funds to purchase this rifle, as long as a sale goes through this weekend, and wondering what you guys think. What is the gun w/ 10+ mags worth? Is it a higher quality AK or just run of the mill? Not sure I will like the platform, but figure if it is a good deal, I can always trade it to one of you. Thanks in advance.

Edited to add: doing some "research" on the interwebs and see there are many different variants. I have no idea and won't until it is in my hand. So, a high-low price range would be great.

Last edited:
Decent quality. Russian pattern gun if its pure maadi. If its a misr maadi then its a mix of chicom parts on maadi receiver. Good guns. Most I dealt with had trigger slap pretty bad but its an easy fix. Value? With ten mags in good condition I'd guess around 500 to 600. If pre 89 ban gun then mush more prob around 1k+

Hth

Decent quality. Russian pattern gun if its pure maadi. If its a misr maadi then its a mix of chicom parts on maadi receiver. Good guns. Most I dealt with had trigger slap pretty bad but its an easy fix. Value? With ten mags in good condition I'd guess around 500 to 600. If pre 89 ban gun then mush more prob around 1k+

Hth

This. Maddi Aks are licensed copies of the original ak-47. Many of them shoot quite well. ALL of them have a god awful finish on them though.

This. Maddi Aks are licensed copies of the original ak-47. Many of them shoot quite well. ALL of them have a god awful finish on them though.

I have been waiting on the AK god to speak :) I have actually never seen the gun and not sure that he will come through and sell it. I kinda called his bluff awhile back and not sure he is going to close the deal. I have been waiting to get the extra cash to tempt him. But, sounds like if I can get in the AK for $500ish, it should be an okay deal?

These days wasr aks go for 500ish. You get that one, you won't get hurt at all! Just give it a good once over. If you see finish wear, don't let that be a deal breaker. On maadi aks that is just normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom