End cap for Troy Alpha rail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
I have a Troy Alpha battle rail on one of my ARs that has an open end and I would like an end cap for it. I've searched and can't find anything. The end of rail is scalloped and not threaded, is it possible/feasible to have this threaded so that an end cap could be added? I know it isn't a necessity, but it is a personal preference to have the rail closed. Thanks in advance for any advice.

The only brand I've ever seen use an endcap is YHM. Completely unnecessary and can interfere with barrel harmonics, but if you must have one, it probably wouldn't be too expensive to pay a machine shop to make you one and have them thread the end of your Alpha rail for it.

The only brand I've ever seen use an endcap is YHM. Completely unnecessary and can interfere with barrel harmonics, but if you must have one, it probably wouldn't be too expensive to pay a machine shop to make you one and have them thread the end of your Alpha rail for it.

I have been "researching" this whole thing and it looks like it'll just be easier and less expensive to trade the Troy rail for a YHM rail. The inner diameter of the Troy is much smaller than the inner diameter of the YHM and outer diameter of any of the end caps that I can find. I know they are not necessary, but cosmetically they are necessary for me. Must be a bit of OCD on my part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom